slow day at jan jerrup

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

slow day at jan jerrup

Post by cheaterparts » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:30 pm

fished at jan jerrup today with 4 other guys off vyak target fish gummys

arrived about 8.00am around the same time as gary and mal after the normal chat and setup we headed in the direction of steve and lucky jack. they were both sitting out the front of lang lang beach in the channel
it seams these 2 had an early start about 5.00 am to catch some small salmon and to get a head start on catching rock cod

we all moved into our special spots ( that weren't real special today ) mal picked up a couple of small but size fish fairly early that were returned
myself I had a small window where I pulled a 93 cm fish ( first keeper )and while I was attending to it on of my other rods was on so holding the fish down with my feet - not as easy as it sounds
I pulled my second keeper just over a meter I got 1 more small and prob size fish that of cause was returned

every one moved around trying both deep and shallow marks but it was not much help with the scorers going to sleep

mal got 1 more small gummy late in the arvo again returned

it wasn't bad on the water again today the wind got up a bit - not enough to worry anyone
a slow day at JJ but thats fishing
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Return to “Melbourne Fishing Reports - Port Phillip Bay and Mornington Peninsula”