Docklands 5th August 2018

Sinsemilla

Re: Docklands 5th August 2018

Post by Sinsemilla » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:36 pm

Dr Snapper wrote:I’m planning to fish docklands on Sunday morning. I’ve never fished there before.
Hopefully I get a similar result.
Is there a place to park early in the morning (about 6:30 AM) for free very close to the water where it would be worth start flicking some plastics? I’m more of a bait fisho, what do you think would give me the best chance of catching something?

Thanks in advance.
I'd say any fresh bait like squid or pillies will do for pinkies. If bait fishing I'd say drop one straight down and cast one a bit further out to increase your chances. Cast around in different spots every 10mins or so.

If lure fishing just walk around casting at pylons and boats. A slow hop on the bottom with small twitches usually gets the pinkies going. Don't be afraid to let your plastic just sit on the bottom for a min or two. If they are around they will find it.

Cheers, Anth

Dr Snapper
Has liked: 7 times

Post by Dr Snapper » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:14 pm

Thanks all for the tips.
Unfortunately I have done my back and am not likely to make it. If I recover I will send in a report.
Any tips for a good chiropractor in the inner west (of Melbourne).
Cheers.

Kaspar

Post by Kaspar » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:26 am

Sinsemilla wrote:
Dr Snapper wrote:I’m planning to fish docklands on Sunday morning. I’ve never fished there before.
Hopefully I get a similar result.
Is there a place to park early in the morning (about 6:30 AM) for free very close to the water where it would be worth start flicking some plastics? I’m more of a bait fisho, what do you think would give me the best chance of catching something?

Thanks in advance.
I'd say any fresh bait like squid or pillies will do for pinkies. If bait fishing I'd say drop one straight down and cast one a bit further out to increase your chances. Cast around in different spots every 10mins or so.

If lure fishing just walk around casting at pylons and boats. A slow hop on the bottom with small twitches usually gets the pinkies going. Don't be afraid to let your plastic just sit on the bottom for a min or two. If they are around they will find it.

Cheers, Anth
Good tips

Return to “Melbourne Fishing Reports - Port Phillip Bay and Mornington Peninsula”