LB King

Yellowtail Kingfish (Scientific name - Seriola lalandi), Kingys, Kings, Hoodlums, Bandits or "Rat Kings" are a strong, exciting gamefish that strike savagely at a wide range of lures, live baits and dead or cut fish fillets. Victorian Yellowtail Kingfish reports right here.
rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: LB King

Post by rb85 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:00 am

edited Wolly

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:00 am

rb85 wrote:
Kimtown wrote:rb85 theory:

'If you're going to a surf beach for the first time, wearing a life jacket and safety rope is a MUST. Also be sure to notify the coast guard where and when you are fishing and the time of planned return. Make sure you also take out life insurance beforehand'

Rofl, genuine muppet
Kim best not to exaggerate or talk about locations you have never been to as if you know. Extra 80l??? You just pick a number randomly.
An extra tank + 20l more for fishing around the cove

You don't think 2 full tanks would get me there and back? My mates boat used a 1/4 tank one way last time (with a 130 2 stroke)... Not a genius but I'd say my 70 zook is a little more fuel efficient.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:03 am

Good work Abzzzzzz.

Midas has a golden touch. Anything he touches turn to gold.

RB has a bronzie touch. Any topic he touches turns to a S-H-I-T fight.

I am out of pop corn....

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:04 am

Dam and I really need some as well FC... was gonna ask for someone to pass me some.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:12 am

DougieK wrote:
abzz wrote:
Mattblack wrote: You fished on that rock for 18 hours?! Some of you guys on here are extremely committed or mental...respect to you all.
P.S. Very entertaining post everyone (it's like a 'Where's Wally' but with angry people and Couta slime lubricant)
I went for a look the first time with a couple rods spinning for a few hours and last Saturday went from sun-up till just before sun-down...maybe a small mental issue aswell :rofl:
It's not unusual to spend 2-3 (more) days on a ledge chasing tuna or marlin. Unless the ledge has artificially restricted access like at JB, quite often LBG guys will take multiple trips to carry in all their gear... aerators, pumps, bait pools, cooking stuff, food, water, gaffs etc and just stay there for the entirety of their trip. Unless you can find a campground walking distance to a ledge (there are a couple but not many) it's too hard to pack up every night, walk out then be back at 3am the next morning to try and get live baits. Unfortunately it looks like the ALBAA site is gone, because there were some epic stories up there about guys camping out the front ledges at JB for days at a time and needing to employ the help of a helicopter to get tuna off one of the ledges there.
You magnificent mental bastards! I'm always in awe of people that push the limits like this..., off shore kayakers & jetskiers, guys that paddle shark baits out and all that... :notworthy:

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:23 am

Kimtown wrote:Rb85 is the same dude who told me I'm a stupid risk taker for not surf fishing with a life jacket
Yet he will take his children to punch bowl.

viewtopic.php?f=105&t=17498&hilit=Punch+bowl&start=20

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:25 am

Fish-cador wrote:
Kimtown wrote:Rb85 is the same dude who told me I'm a stupid risk taker for not surf fishing with a life jacket
Yet he will take his children to punch bowl.

viewtopic.php?f=105&t=17498&hilit=Punch+bowl&start=20
This is exactly the same stretch of beach he told me i should use a life jacket on (he wasn't kidding either)
Only difference is the beach I used has a set of stairs down to a nice Sandy beach, whilst punch bowl is almost purely rock based. How ironic he was trying to school me not even 2 months ago on my fishing destinations making out like I'm a complete idiot

Rofl sending kids to punchbowl while they are young so they can learn about tide and swell. Very clever. But yes I am the crazy unsafe one haha

I think the bloke just loves an argument and to seem like he knows what the **** he is talking about (he doesnt)

wem21
Has liked: 42 times

Post by wem21 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:27 am

rb85 wrote:Anyone want a comprehensive guide to bass coast rock ledges just PM me. I wouldn’t be so argumentative but seems like the mob mentality is out in force. Wonder how many of you spineless grubs would be like this in a 1 on 1 situation and no I’m not a violent person.
*bass strait

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:40 am

wem21 wrote:
rb85 wrote:Anyone want a comprehensive guide to bass coast rock ledges just PM me. I wouldn’t be so argumentative but seems like the mob mentality is out in force. Wonder how many of you spineless grubs would be like this in a 1 on 1 situation and no I’m not a violent person.
*bass strait
Just so you schoolboys know what bass coast is

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Ba ... 45.5358152

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:51 am

ps -
im not taking sides here BUT
i dont believe RB actually named any spots in person, someone else actually did that in this thread. and same goes in the last LBG thread as well. yes he had some close clues but didnt name them afaik. and he seems to have a fairly good clue to the Area cause he is local to it.

in saying that still poor form doing what he did when it was mentioned not to do so. (or when location is never disclosed) plus just because the landmarks are there and weather forecast was mentioned doesnt mean location should still be published, lot of people read these reports, not just members, just takes the wrong kind of person to get hold of the good kind of info and you can kiss that spot goodbye for a while or forever.
just have a look at how many registered users we have , how many premium members there are, and how many actually post reports or are active and you do the maths..

Also Poor form from some members frantically searching for the Now obvious landmarks and bumping up old threads. Not to mention stirring up **** on Facebook.
Take a chill pill guys and go ******* catch some fish and actually post up a report for once if you have the guts, and see what happens when you do..
No wonder quality reports are few and far between
fuckign sick of this ****.........

Return to “Yellowtail Kingfish Fishing”