LB King

Yellowtail Kingfish (Scientific name - Seriola lalandi), Kingys, Kings, Hoodlums, Bandits or "Rat Kings" are a strong, exciting gamefish that strike savagely at a wide range of lures, live baits and dead or cut fish fillets. Victorian Yellowtail Kingfish reports right here.
abzz

Re: LB King

Post by abzz » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:46 pm

ingeer wrote:
abzz wrote:
ingeer wrote:Awesome fish mate! How far about the balloon takes the bait out ? 100m? 150m?
by the way it looks like the red point area...
Thanks mate
Not far at all about 20m
Did you miss an '0' ? ;-)
Lol nope not at all. Looked alot fishier close in than it did far out. Gotta think like a fish haha

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:52 pm

RB seriously dude. Don't talk about locations unless the OP mentions it first. You did the exact same thing to me here viewtopic.php?f=207&t=20055&p=258403#p258403

I've clearly stated 'A bass straight rock ledge' and you've basically put a sign up to tell people where i'm fishing. You are trolling on a slightly more advanced level by mentioning things like wildlife officers and wind directions to let us know that you know where we're fishing.

If you want land based reports then respect the poeple posting them.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:57 pm

rb85 wrote:If people don’t want to reveal a spot don’t post photos of distinctive landmarks or the weather on the day.

Personally I don’t see a problem with it unless those request no names and be smart enough not to give clues away.
It shouldn't be a matter of being smart enough not to give away clues. It'd be sad if we got to the stage where everything except the fish has to get photoshopped out to stop loud mouthed turds on the internet giving away a spot because they recognise a few rocks.

I'd understand completely if OP doesn't want to share another report here, which is a shame because he's posted some great ones over the years; but if people are going to give away years of hard work learning how and when to fish a spot for no good reason then who can blame him?
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:29 pm

Yep.

The spot the spot thread proved nearly every location can be picked by someone on this forum. The whole point of that thread was to prove that just cos you can identify a spot/background doesn’t mean you should inform the masses.

This is elementary **** though. Just basic etiquette.

mingle
Has liked: 1 time

Post by mingle » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:32 pm

I'm a 'local' and have fished that area for 25 years and only caught 1 kingie in all that time.

Just because you know the location doesn't mean you'll get the fish.

Oh, also a reminder for any fishos who venture there: please take your crap home with you as I'm getting a bit tired of cleaning up after you.

Cheers,

Mike.

4liters

Post by 4liters » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:35 pm

mingle wrote: Oh, also a reminder for any fishos who venture there: please take your crap home with you as I'm getting a bit tired of cleaning up after you.
Find many slurpee cups down there?
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm

mingle
Has liked: 1 time

Post by mingle » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:42 pm

4liters wrote:
mingle wrote: Oh, also a reminder for any fishos who venture there: please take your crap home with you as I'm getting a bit tired of cleaning up after you.
I've bagged-up and carted out just about everything. About the only thing I haven't come across is a used dinga...

Mike.

wem21
Has liked: 42 times

Post by wem21 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:46 pm

ducky wrote:Yep.

The spot the spot thread proved nearly every location can be picked by someone on this forum. The whole point of that thread was to prove that just cos you can identify a spot/background doesn’t mean you should inform the masses.

This is elementary sh*t though. Just basic etiquette.
↑↑
Revealing someones spot without them actually publically saying so is a d*ck move

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:58 pm

mingle wrote:
4liters wrote:
I've bagged-up and carted out just about everything. About the only thing I haven't come across is a used dinga...

Mike.
Surprised to hear that. I know a few forum members that go dogging down there regularly.

4liters

Post by 4liters » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:59 pm

ducky wrote:
mingle wrote:
4liters wrote:

Mike.
Surprised to hear that. I know a few forum members that go dogging down there regularly.
Dougie doesn't use protection

Return to “Yellowtail Kingfish Fishing”