LB King

Yellowtail Kingfish (Scientific name - Seriola lalandi), Kingys, Kings, Hoodlums, Bandits or "Rat Kings" are a strong, exciting gamefish that strike savagely at a wide range of lures, live baits and dead or cut fish fillets. Victorian Yellowtail Kingfish reports right here.
ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Re: LB King

Post by ducky » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:44 pm

The western side of the eastern entrance is pretty well narrowed down though Steve.

Posted from West of Docklands. East of Footscray.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:55 pm

ducky wrote:The western side of the eastern entrance is pretty well narrowed down though Steve.

Posted from West of Docklands. East of Footscray.
I honestly have NFI what you just meant from that post :oops:
i get the first part , but not footscray and docks

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:06 pm

purple5ive wrote:ps -
im not taking sides here BUT
i dont believe RB actually named any spots in person, someone else actually did that in this thread. and same goes in the last LBG thread as well. yes he had some close clues but didnt name them afaik. and he seems to have a fairly good clue to the Area cause he is local to it.

in saying that still poor form doing what he did when it was mentioned not to do so. (or when location is never disclosed) plus just because the landmarks are there and weather forecast was mentioned doesnt mean location should still be published, lot of people read these reports, not just members, just takes the wrong kind of person to get hold of the good kind of info and you can kiss that spot goodbye for a while or forever.
just have a look at how many registered users we have , how many premium members there are, and how many actually post reports or are active and you do the maths..

Also Poor form from some members frantically searching for the Now obvious landmarks and bumping up old threads. Not to mention stirring up sh*t on Facebook.
Take a chill pill guys and go ******* catch some fish and actually post up a report for once if you have the guts, and see what happens when you do..
No wonder quality reports are few and far between
fuckign sick of this sh*t.........
* and don't post anything about catching Bream or Dolphins unless you want people flipping out on you :thumbsup:

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:12 pm

Been a while since the last bream murder report lol
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:32 pm

4liters wrote:Been a while since the last bream murder report lol
Hahaha :rofl:

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:57 pm

bowl wrote:
4liters wrote:Been a while since the last bream murder report lol
Hahaha :rofl:
gees dont you guys read the reports, theres been another 2 since then :-D
Maybe you guys are those ones who just read the report, but dont bother commenting?
how about put your money where your mouth is an maybe catch a bream on a lure and post up a report.
and no, no need to bring out the "i only go fishing to catch real fish" wanker reply. its not as easy as it looks.

sloth
Has liked: 6 times

Post by sloth » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:00 pm

It's a piece of **** Steve. Rats of the sea - they'll eat anything

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:02 pm

Purple

I caught these bream by mistake when i was live bait fishing for barra.....they were masive for bream (over 1kg easy) i kept one and it was fantastic to eat.

It may have something to do with the water tbey live in.

Anyway i started using little barra xraps and the bream were smashing them.....didnt fight that good but i did have 20 pd line so couldnt expext much

Bm

azkay

Post by azkay » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:09 pm

Great work Abzz. Love reading stories like this, just proves that even Kingfish are an option for dedicated enough landbased anglers.
To me the location is irrelevant but seeing these types of reports actually motivates LBG Anglers to go and try out they're own ledges..
For example, i fish a lesser known ledge nowhere near the spots mentioned on this thread. They get Kingies straight out from where i am but in fairly deeper water. Seeing the report of the LB King a few days ago now has me ballooning out some fresh baits as well, rather then always fishing the bottom.. Have had some activity around the balloon, fairly confident its been kingy's or toothy's.. Hoping its only a matter of time before i tick of the LB King. Thanks for sharing..
Az.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:14 pm

sloth wrote:It's a piece of p1ss Steve. Rats of the sea - they'll eat anything
shut up you fool :rofl:
barra mick wrote:Purple

I caught these bream by mistake when i was live bait fishing for barra.....they were masive for bream (over 1kg easy) i kept one and it was fantastic to eat.

It may have something to do with the water tbey live in.

Anyway i started using little barra xraps and the bream were smashing them.....didnt fight that good but i did have 20 pd line so couldnt expext much

Bm
BM, yes they will eat live mullet, many have caught them targeting jewies like that.
you must have caught the Pikey bream that live up north, they are super aggressive.
i wouldnt expect them to fight much on barra gear..

anyways
lets move on back to topic..
unless of course you lot want to turn this into a bream basher thread :rofl:

Return to “Yellowtail Kingfish Fishing”