Kingies

Yellowtail Kingfish (Scientific name - Seriola lalandi), Kingys, Kings, Hoodlums, Bandits or "Rat Kings" are a strong, exciting gamefish that strike savagely at a wide range of lures, live baits and dead or cut fish fillets. Victorian Yellowtail Kingfish reports right here.
barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Kingies

Post by barra mick » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:15 pm

Anybiody been out yet.

Any luck or signs showing up on the sounder

Cheers bm

cantcatchem

Re: Kingies

Post by cantcatchem » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:21 pm

hooked on bait and tackle have been posting captures on facebook as well as some nice tuna being caught today

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:25 pm

Yep both kingies and tuna are being caught in the rip and also further into the bay.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:28 pm

Are the tuna getting caught on lures or bait

Fishbref
Has liked: 41 times

Post by Fishbref » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:43 pm

I was flicking some plastics at Queenscliff harbour yesterday morning and a Barcrusher moored in to clean some kingies; not sure how many in total, but the ones I saw were definitely over a metre long.

To be honest, I was more impressed by the 2-3 kg leatherjacket caught by a bloke next to me; never thought the buggers grew that big.

Bayrock
Has liked: 34 times

Post by Bayrock » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:49 pm

Spent 7 hours trawling lures for tuna around the rip area last week for nada, very hit and miss they are

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:26 pm

Whilst stuck at work the old man snuck out both Tuesday/Wednesday. Rip was pea green and dead Tuesday, was the same yesterday apparently. Well away from the rip outside on Wednesday he absolutely smacked them after nothing for the first hour, left a fish on a plastic for an hour one stage and just had hook up after hookup on the huge amounts of followers. Kept 5, dropped the best near the boat est well over 10kg and released in excess of 15 all over legal size. Took absolutely everything thrown at them. Found a school of ~20kg sbt numbering around 50 fish, but they weren't feeding on anything nor were they interested in any offering. I ******* cried and almost quit on the spot when he told me this morning

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:48 pm

cobby wrote:Whilst stuck at work the old man snuck out both Tuesday/Wednesday. Rip was pea green and dead Tuesday, was the same yesterday apparently. Well away from the rip outside on Wednesday he absolutely smacked them after nothing for the first hour, left a fish on a plastic for an hour one stage and just had hook up after hookup on the huge amounts of followers. Kept 5, dropped the best near the boat est well over 10kg and released in excess of 15 all over legal size. Took absolutely everything thrown at them. Found a school of ~20kg sbt numbering around 50 fish, but they weren't feeding on anything nor were they interested in any offering. I ******* cried and almost quit on the spot when he told me this morning
We dream of days like that

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:47 pm

cobby wrote:Whilst stuck at work the old man snuck out both Tuesday/Wednesday. Rip was pea green and dead Tuesday, was the same yesterday apparently. Well away from the rip outside on Wednesday he absolutely smacked them after nothing for the first hour, left a fish on a plastic for an hour one stage and just had hook up after hookup on the huge amounts of followers. Kept 5, dropped the best near the boat est well over 10kg and released in excess of 15 all over legal size. Took absolutely everything thrown at them. Found a school of ~20kg sbt numbering around 50 fish, but they weren't feeding on anything nor were they interested in any offering. I ******* cried and almost quit on the spot when he told me this morning
Thats a awsome day on the water

Bm

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:04 am

Found them couldn't catch them yesterday. :oops:

Great day out for ya dad cobby.

Return to “Yellowtail Kingfish Fishing”