My first Victorian Kingies!!!

Yellowtail Kingfish (Scientific name - Seriola lalandi), Kingys, Kings, Hoodlums, Bandits or "Rat Kings" are a strong, exciting gamefish that strike savagely at a wide range of lures, live baits and dead or cut fish fillets. Victorian Yellowtail Kingfish reports right here.
Fishing_yo

Re: My first Victorian Kingies!!!

Post by Fishing_yo » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:11 am

Lol bar crusher boat are nothing to be jealous of they are rip off the original surtees boat want a real plate boat buy a surtees not a want to be. Boats to be jealous of are the likes of Haines hunter, Cam strachan, white pointer, coota craft, 233 formula, Bass straight. Kingies that size I throw back to gain some real size to catch another day. Every man and his dog has been down there catching them since tackle world posted about a couple of weeks ago? Even kids are catching them of the jettys. It's not down at lakes you can see the local council logo in one of the signs and don't forget to buy parking ticket. How did you go on the whiting down there shimano? The fishing down there has been trashed and it's only getting worse all for the greed of a dollar!!!

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:46 am

Fishing_yo wrote:Lol bar crusher boat are nothing to be jealous of they are rip off the original surtees boat want a real plate boat buy a surtees not a want to be. Boats to be jealous of are the likes of Haines hunter, Cam strachan, white pointer, coota craft, 233 formula, Bass straight. Kingies that size I throw back to gain some real size to catch another day. Every man and his dog has been down there catching them since tackle world posted about a couple of weeks ago? Even kids are catching them of the jettys. It's not down at lakes you can see the local council logo in one of the signs and don't forget to buy parking ticket. How did you go on the whiting down there shimano? The fishing down there has been trashed and it's only getting worse all for the greed of a dollar!!!
Got the whole surtees/backcrusher story a bit off but anyway... As for a Haines, from what I've seen and heard lately I'd pick many other makes first no matter how good the hull design of a HH is. In fact, they're basically the leper in all those you listed. And the fishing? Well I've got a number of contacts down that way through work. Yes it's been patchy at times but overall it hasn't been any worse than previous years.

So **** canning this post for product naming etc. is pathetic. That whole area basically survives on tourism and the fishing side of it makes up a substantial percentage

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:53 am

Fishing_yo wrote:Lol bar crusher boat are nothing to be jealous of they are rip off the original surtees boat want a real plate boat buy a surtees not a want to be. Boats to be jealous of are the likes of Haines hunter, Cam strachan, white pointer, coota craft, 233 formula, Bass straight. Kingies that size I throw back to gain some real size to catch another day. Every man and his dog has been down there catching them since tackle world posted about a couple of weeks ago? Even kids are catching them of the jettys. It's not down at lakes you can see the local council logo in one of the signs and don't forget to buy parking ticket. How did you go on the whiting down there shimano? The fishing down there has been trashed and it's only getting worse all for the greed of a dollar!!!
Not big on the follow the hoardes to a spot myself yo but each to their own. Unfortunately no body has a monopoly on their local fishing area. As for Tackleworld reports and brand promotion it's not my thing but if MsShimano and others seek validation via sponsorship good luck to them as long as we all enjoy our fishing.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:57 am

Now I recognise the logo I can say it's really no big secret even before the tw report.

Bennyjj

Post by Bennyjj » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:03 pm

Nice catch there!!

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:44 pm

Some cracking fish there MsShimano :thumbsup:

Fishing_yo sounds like he has small mans syndrome :tongue:
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:41 pm

Kingies are hard to get down here imo

You have 3 out of 4 trips when you dont t hook up and most are under 5 kgs

Any king down here is a great effort.

haines are great boats

Ive seen the surtees in some real wild places in the coastal waters off the nt

Well I dont mind the plate boats myself also

Cheers bm

MsShimano

Post by MsShimano » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:03 pm

barra mick wrote:Kingies are hard to get down here imo

You have 3 out of 4 trips when you dont t hook up and most are under 5 kgs

Any king down here is a great effort.

haines are great boats

Ive seen the surtees in some real wild places in the coastal waters off the nt

Well I dont mind the plate boats myself also

Cheers bm

Thanks bm! They were an amazing catch and it doesn't matter how much they weigh.. they still go like steam trains at 70cm size. I had fun and that's all that matters. People have been trying to catch kingies for ever and when I bought 4 up to the ramp, many people were amazed and asked me millions of questions on where and how...
as for boats. I love my bar crusher.. she handles beautifully off shore and this "back crusher" joke.. is really all that.. a joke. Not once have I had a problem with my back. It carves through the waves nice. I would picked a bar crusher over a HH any day but that's MY personal preference and not everyone's cup of tea.
Of course I talk to my self while fishing.. sometimes I need expert advice! :fishing:

rb85

Post by rb85 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:28 am

Having fun is the most important thing. Not everyone is lucky enough to be able to afford, been given a boat to use or are blessed with good health.

Then there's the capability of crew members to consider preferably I'd rather take mates out who are just happy to be there and are wrapped with a few flatty and find my own fish over following the reports.

The kingies have been about in that area for months. Did you go solo or have a crew.

MsShimano

Post by MsShimano » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:47 am

rb85 wrote:Having fun is the most important thing. Not everyone is lucky enough to be able to afford, been given a boat to use or are blessed with good health.

Then there's the capability of crew members to consider preferably I'd rather take mates out who are just happy to be there and are wrapped with a few flatty and find my own fish over following the reports.

The kingies have been about in that area for months. Did you go solo or have a crew.
Kingies have been around there for months, yes i agree.. but people still have had trouble catching them. Even though they are a curious fish, they are still very picky and stubborn. Out of 4 attempts for the kingies, i was finally successful this trip.
I used my gummy rig with 8/0 stinger hooks. I trolled around at very slow speed live squid. It didnt take long until i was hooked. That is the way i found it worked best for me.
I went with one other person.
Of course I talk to my self while fishing.. sometimes I need expert advice! :fishing:

Return to “Yellowtail Kingfish Fishing”