Deck hand tomorrow(friday)

Yellowtail Kingfish (Scientific name - Seriola lalandi), Kingys, Kings, Hoodlums, Bandits or "Rat Kings" are a strong, exciting gamefish that strike savagely at a wide range of lures, live baits and dead or cut fish fillets. Victorian Yellowtail Kingfish reports right here.
Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Deck hand tomorrow(friday)

Post by Wolly Bugger » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:27 pm

I am leaving Hastings at about 7 or 8 am.

Target species is Kingfish, and it looks like I need a deck hand as my usual on/off deckhands are off.

Inbox, and I will possibly be heading out again on Sat.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: Deck hand tomorrow(friday)

Post by bowl » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:27 pm

Work....ahhh.
Good luck. :victory:

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:40 pm

bowl wrote:Work....ahhh.
Good luck. :victory:
Looks like I'll be going by myself

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:44 pm

Unfortunately I couldn't get a deckie and I launched anyway, got as far as the fair way bouy, it was a little sloppy and I could see birds working further out, but it needed someone to control the boat whilst the other landed the fish.

Ended up going over to Flinders and sounded some nice arches. Towed a few lures around plus a dead bait. but no takers.

Ended up heading back and the western entrance lived up to it's name it was a little sloppy wind against tide. Perhaps it was a good thing I didn't have eyes in the back of my head.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:14 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:Unfortunately I couldn't get a deckie and I launched anyway, got as far as the fair way bouy, it was a little sloppy and I could see birds working further out, but it needed someone to control the boat whilst the other landed the fish.

Ended up going over to Flinders and sounded some nice arches. Towed a few lures around plus a dead bait. but no takers.

Ended up heading back and the western entrance lived up to it's name it was a little sloppy wind against tide. Perhaps it was a good thing I didn't have eyes in the back of my head.
bugger about the no deckies, i was working and am busy this weekend otherwise would have come for sure.
were the arches the same as we seen last time, ba$t@rds didnt want antyhign we threw at them.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:38 pm

Its a pain when you can't get anyone to go fishing with you I know all to well being a shift worker

Mallee

Post by Mallee » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:39 pm

Are you still going Saturday?
I know it's late Friday night but I'm interested if going in the afternoon
Mallee

MsShimano

Post by MsShimano » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:40 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:Unfortunately I couldn't get a deckie and I launched anyway, got as far as the fair way bouy, it was a little sloppy and I could see birds working further out, but it needed someone to control the boat whilst the other landed the fish.

Should of tried trolling a few livies! seemed to work last time.. they were coming up to smack the slimey as I was reeling in. Got 3 in 15 mins.. all 80cm plus.
Of course I talk to my self while fishing.. sometimes I need expert advice! :fishing:

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:11 am

MsShimano wrote:

Should of tried trolling a few livies! seemed to work last time.. they were coming up to smack the slimey as I was reeling in. Got 3 in 15 mins.. all 80cm plus.
For some strange reason, women seem to almost always out fish men. :notworthy: :water:

MsShimano

Post by MsShimano » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:24 am

Wolly Bugger wrote:
MsShimano wrote:

For some strange reason, women seem to almost always out fish men. :notworthy: :water:
Lol I can always come out and be your deckie to show you how it's done :super:
Of course I talk to my self while fishing.. sometimes I need expert advice! :fishing:

Return to “Yellowtail Kingfish Fishing”