Kingfish/ tuna talk last night

Yellowtail Kingfish (Scientific name - Seriola lalandi), Kingys, Kings, Hoodlums, Bandits or "Rat Kings" are a strong, exciting gamefish that strike savagely at a wide range of lures, live baits and dead or cut fish fillets. Victorian Yellowtail Kingfish reports right here.
Mustang38
Has liked: 1 time

Kingfish/ tuna talk last night

Post by Mustang38 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:18 pm

Last night along with a couple of mates I attended A king fish night at Tackleworld cranbourne. From my first visit it's a big store and well stocked. It was hosted by Scott grey from down warnambool portland way with Dave Kramer doing the MC ing. The cost was 10 bucks and that included as much pizza as you could eat literally and stacks of softies to wash it down. As a non fisherman I was excited by Scott's knowledge and passion for kingfish, he certainly knew his stuff inside and out. He answered all the questions with ease and always referred back to his own experiences. Most stories he related were from yesterday or the week before. I found this a lot more relevant rather than saying once I did this or two years ago that. I came away from the night thinking that one day that would be something I would like to try. I can now see we why people get so excited by them and put them up on a pedestol

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Re: Kingfish/ tuna talk last night

Post by Nude up » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:43 pm

I went to a kingie tuna talk with scott gray last year at trellys tackleworld geelong last year and it was great confimed some of what I do and gave some great advice on other tactics. He had great knowledge water temps , areas even down to types of birds.
When you say non fisherman I take it you mean you don't target them specifically.

sandef
Has liked: 54 times

Post by sandef » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:43 pm

YellowTail Kingfish Talk
With
Aaron Habgood
From Reds Fishing Adventures
Aaron will be at Williamstown Sportfishing and game club WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 17TH 2016
There will be a free sausage sizzle at 6pm
A 30 minute club briefing for an upcoming kingfish trip the following weekend at 7pm
Aaron's talk will start at 7.30pm
FREE Entry All WELCOME
Location is the Hobsons Bay Fishing Club Rooms at the
Altona Boat ramp Altona Rd Seaholme
Registrations on Williamstown Sportfishing and Game Club Facebook Group Event

scott__henning
Has liked: 1 time

Post by scott__henning » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:58 pm

Yeah Scott Grey knows his stuff, his presentations are great!

Return to “Yellowtail Kingfish Fishing”