Portland

Yellowtail Kingfish (Scientific name - Seriola lalandi), Kingys, Kings, Hoodlums, Bandits or "Rat Kings" are a strong, exciting gamefish that strike savagely at a wide range of lures, live baits and dead or cut fish fillets. Victorian Yellowtail Kingfish reports right here.
DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Re: Portland

Post by DougieK » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:03 am

C'mon goonbag where's the pics of your 1.5m kingy?
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:39 am

DougieK wrote:C'mon goonbag where's the pics of your 1.5m kingy?
He's halfway to tassie still hooked up to a barrel, gonna take him a while to get back :rofl:
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:33 pm

DougieK wrote:C'mon goonbag where's the pics of your 1.5m kingy?
Check ya PMs :oops:
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

4liters

Post by 4liters » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:33 pm

At least technically it wasn't donuts because I hit a rabbit on the way there and got one tiny squid
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:46 pm

Yeah, read somewhere this morning they shut down yesterday 'cos of the easterly..
Sh1thouse timing mate..

4liters

Post by 4liters » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:56 pm

CarlG wrote:Yeah, read somewhere this morning they shut down yesterday 'cos of the easterly..
Sh1thouse timing mate..
At least no one else was catching them.

I got horribly seasick, puked in the yak (ZE KWELLS, ZEY DO NOTHING!), only got a tiny squid for my troubles and then capsized the yak trying to get back in through the surf at Nunns Beach. Only lost a brag mat, pliers, scissors, lip grips, a screw driver, a spool of leader, rod holder and snapped my last kmart rod so I got off pretty lightly as long as the sounder didn't end up getting any salt in it. Servicing the 5 dunked reels will be a p****, but at least I can do it myself and not have to fork out $100+ for it.

Would've been a good day if it wasn't for the seasickness, I had some prawns and was going to do some bottom bashing further out if the kings weren't around but I was feeling so **** I couldn't get off the water fast enough, and might have taken it a bit too fast :oops: I trolled the squid around and something bit its head off but I couldn't tempt another bite despite going over the same spot a couple of times.

As I left I saw a perfect sandy ramp on the inside of the harbour that I drove right past in the dark, should've gone with someone who knows the place fairly well as I think things might have panned out a little better if I'd known where to launch and where to fish.

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:04 pm

Buggeration...was genuinely hoping to see a pic of your ugly mug with a big fat yellowtail horse next to it..

4liters

Post by 4liters » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:07 pm

So was I.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:10 pm

my daughter gets seasick and I used to give her kwells but they just made her sleep i was told to give her travalcalm which were much better. lucky you only lost a few bits and pieces I heard some other people had to be rescued the othetr day due to a wind change. Sound like your trip was like my trip to bermie last year missed it by that much

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:16 pm

4liters wrote:
CarlG wrote:Yeah, read somewhere this morning they shut down yesterday 'cos of the easterly..
Sh1thouse timing mate..
At least no one else was catching them.

I got horribly seasick, puked in the yak (ZE KWELLS, ZEY DO NOTHING!), only got a tiny squid for my troubles and then capsized the yak trying to get back in through the surf at Nunns Beach. Only lost a brag mat, pliers, scissors, lip grips, a screw driver, a spool of leader, rod holder and snapped my last kmart rod so I got off pretty lightly as long as the sounder didn't end up getting any salt in it. Servicing the 5 dunked reels will be a pr*ck, but at least I can do it myself and not have to fork out $100+ for it.

Would've been a good day if it wasn't for the seasickness, I had some prawns and was going to do some bottom bashing further out if the kings weren't around but I was feeling so sh*t I couldn't get off the water fast enough, and might have taken it a bit too fast :oops: I trolled the squid around and something bit its head off but I couldn't tempt another bite despite going over the same spot a couple of times.

As I left I saw a perfect sandy ramp on the inside of the harbour that I drove right past in the dark, should've gone with someone who knows the place fairly well as I think things might have panned out a little better if I'd known where to launch and where to fish.
Bugger man! Oh well sh!t happens at least you gave it a shot unlike all the others who said they were going and never went.

Return to “Yellowtail Kingfish Fishing”