Kingfish

Yellowtail Kingfish (Scientific name - Seriola lalandi), Kingys, Kings, Hoodlums, Bandits or "Rat Kings" are a strong, exciting gamefish that strike savagely at a wide range of lures, live baits and dead or cut fish fillets. Victorian Yellowtail Kingfish reports right here.
Buckle&scream

Re: Kingfish

Post by Buckle&scream » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:32 pm

fitzy90 wrote:I was fishing the rip on sunday morning and word around was none were getting caught in the rip, spoke to a lot of other boats. A few were landed outside the heads on a few of the reefs but not the bigger models yet. There were probably about 40 - 60 boats trying so once they come on you will hear about it through the regular channels.
Cheers for that mate I didn't think they were, people got a great imagination thats for sure. I'm sure with the amounts of boats out at the rip that if someone was fighting a decent size fish other boats would notice and Sorrento ramp on a weekend at this time of year would be packed. that's all The clarification I needed to know cheers mate :victory:

Buckle&scream

Re: Kingfish

Post by Buckle&scream » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:38 pm

fitzy90 wrote:On the bait, scad are in abundance in the south channel in front of Sorrento, you need to get them before sun up though. I used a unweighed piece of squid and would have caught 20 - 30 easily in the hour before dawn.
Awesome thats good to know!
I'm sure the big Kings will be here soon and once people really start catching them I'm sure they will be loud and proud about it! Will see reports everywhere lol

Return to “Yellowtail Kingfish Fishing”