The Donut king

Yellowtail Kingfish (Scientific name - Seriola lalandi), Kingys, Kings, Hoodlums, Bandits or "Rat Kings" are a strong, exciting gamefish that strike savagely at a wide range of lures, live baits and dead or cut fish fillets. Victorian Yellowtail Kingfish reports right here.
Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

The Donut king

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:10 pm

We arrived a Hastings boat ramp, and there was a fairly long queue, and as our place in the queue progressed, we would take the opportunity to rig the boat for launching. I was amazed at how quickly we progressed as the line moved very smoothly, unlike other ramps I have been to when it was busy.

We launched and visited the bait shop, there was a fair queue there as well, and sadly we didn't have any luck, so gave it away and went down the western entrance, where we trolled to new lures and wound up with 4 decent sized salmon.

The we headed towards the Cape, about half way there, we started trolling the livies, put out the dredge teaser, and slowly pottered our way towards the Cape, as we neared the cape, with not a touch on the livies, we turned around and towed to lures at much faster rate. Nearing the entrance we hooked a nice sized Pike.

As we neared the Pilot buoy a boat waved us over, and he requested a tow, as the water police weren't able to get to him for a while. After rigging a tow rope, we started off, only for the rope to break. So next plan was too take his wife and children to shore, which we did and after safely depositing them, we called it quits and headed back to the ramp.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: The Donut king

Post by smile0784 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:21 am

Good on ya wolly

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:01 am

A good dead done!

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:40 am

Still gave it a crack. Not bad mate :)

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:41 am

There are enough Donut Kings now. Have you guys thought of forming United Kingdoms of Donuts?

colnick
Has liked: 37 times

Post by colnick » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:58 am

Crikey Kimtown. I hope you meant "deed" not "dead"!

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:55 am

colnick wrote:Crikey Kimtown. I hope you meant "deed" not "dead"!
had to read that twice myself haha.

better luck next time phil, did you drop them at flinders or went all the way back to hastings again?

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:57 am

:rofl:

And that is why internet and early mornings don't go well together

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:21 pm

purple5ive wrote:
had to read that twice myself haha.

better luck next time phil, did you drop them at flinders or went all the way back to hastings again?
Actually took them to Rhyll that's where there car was

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:13 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:We arrived a Hastings boat ramp, and there was a fairly long queue, and as our place in the queue progressed, we would take the opportunity to rig the boat for launching. I was amazed at how quickly we progressed as the line moved very smoothly, unlike other ramps I have been to when it was busy.

We launched and visited the bait shop, there was a fair queue there as well, and sadly we didn't have any luck, so gave it away and went down the western entrance, where we trolled to new lures and wound up with 4 decent sized salmon.

The we headed towards the Cape, about half way there, we started trolling the livies, put out the dredge teaser, and slowly pottered our way towards the Cape, as we neared the cape, with not a touch on the livies, we turned around and towed to lures at much faster rate. Nearing the entrance we hooked a nice sized Pike.

As we neared the Pilot buoy a boat waved us over, and he requested a tow, as the water police weren't able to get to him for a while. After rigging a tow rope, we started off, only for the rope to break. So next plan was too take his wife and children to shore, which we did and after safely depositing them, we called it quits and headed back to the ramp.
Heard the bait grounds were chockers also wouldn’t have surprised me if the front of the island was too going by the marks my mate showed me that a certain site is posting for its subscribers.

Return to “Yellowtail Kingfish Fishing”