Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Re: Boat Ramps

Post by Kimtown » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:48 am

Let's gooooo

snorkly

Post by snorkly » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:38 am

Done. I haven't got any watercraft but I can understand the frustration of many of you guys. Most of the time those places are mess

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:04 am

tracks wrote:Great to see some moment regarding ramps, I've complained several time to the council regarding the warmies boat ramp parking and access, you get cars (no trailers) parking along the prep lane who leave their cars while they go fishing along the approach to the power station, also the pontoons get crowed with fishos, I've called out many times for them to move as I launch or recover and have been told get get stuffed (being polite here) the council have done nothing but they charge a arm and leg to use the ramp, I'm at a loss what can be done.
Reverse in, tilt motor up so prop is just in the water, full throttle for 2 seconds and watch them all run off soaking wet.... Either that or just drive straight in, tie up and give them a serve of their own language

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:41 am

cobby wrote:
tracks wrote:Great to see some moment regarding ramps, I've complained several time to the council regarding the warmies boat ramp parking and access, you get cars (no trailers) parking along the prep lane who leave their cars while they go fishing along the approach to the power station, also the pontoons get crowed with fishos, I've called out many times for them to move as I launch or recover and have been told get get stuffed (being polite here) the council have done nothing but they charge a arm and leg to use the ramp, I'm at a loss what can be done.
Reverse in, tilt motor up so prop is just in the water, full throttle for 2 seconds and watch them all run off soaking wet.... Either that or just drive straight in, tie up and give them a serve of their own language
That's gold....need to add that to Wooly's boat ramp etiquette flyer.
A couple of months ago after reversing back down the ramp, I went back to the jetty to find a couple of non-English speaking tourists taking happy snaps aboard the boat...got any tips for next time that happens?

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:50 am

Lol in your boat??

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:05 pm

Lol first time hearing of that one Matt!

Mattblack

Post by Mattblack » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:49 pm

Kimtown wrote:Lol in your boat??
Yep, in the boat...and to top it off I had left my 6 year old in there whilst I went back to grab the car (yeah, bad form....wont be winning dad of the year for that one) To add insult to injury, one of them used the aerial as a grab rail on the way off.
*Lesson for the day everyone...Don't leave your kids unsupervised ever!

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:00 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Yep, in the boat...and to top it off I had left my 6 year old in there whilst I went back to grab the car (yeah, bad form....wont be winning dad of the year for that one) To add insult to injury, one of them used the aerial as a grab rail on the way off.
If it were me I think I would have blown a head gasket knowing my kid is in the boat.. and the camera would have to be surgically removed.
Last edited by hornet on Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:06 pm

Mattblack wrote:
The strange asian tourists probably just wanted a go in the boat. Should have taken them for a spin ya selfish pr*co

:rofl:

Mattblack

Post by Mattblack » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:22 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
The strange asian tourists probably just wanted a go in the boat. Should have taken them for a spin ya selfish pr*co

:rofl:
Why did you think they were Asian?! When I saw people in the boat, I got that awful surge of adrenaline and broke into a sprint whilst adjusting the car keys into my fist like a knuckle duster. It was a huge relief to see they were only taking photos and not abducting my little deckie and I asked them nicely to get off....they were all smiles and very oblivious....oh yeah, they were Asian

Return to “VRFish (Victorian Recreational Fishing Peak-Body)”