Boat Ramps

News and Information from VRFish
DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Re: Boat Ramps

Post by DougieK » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:23 pm

As far as I'm aware boat ramps are a local council issue and not a State gov issue. I would like to see the $ breakdown of where that money is going.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:24 pm

Kimtown wrote: The strange asian tourists probably just wanted a go in the boat. Should have taken them for a spin ya selfish pr*co

:rofl:

Where did it say Asian?

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:55 pm

Why doesn’t the state government just fund an alarm clock for every boat owner to give them the choice of getting up early enough to avoid the rush
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:00 pm

DougieK wrote:As far as I'm aware boat ramps are a local council issue and not a State gov issue. I would like to see the $ breakdown of where that money is going.
5.1m annually to Vicroads just for collecting the money, average 3m annually actually spent actually on ramps the rest goes in an account that by legislation dating back to the 60s when regos were first introduced can not be spent on anything other than recreational marine resources, mainly boat ramps. Things like bouys, markers etc come under a different area. We're the only state that has councils across every ramp take money to use them...

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:38 pm

Brett wrote:
Kimtown wrote: The strange asian tourists probably just wanted a go in the boat. Should have taken them for a spin ya selfish pr*co

Where did it say Asian?
It didn't

I have ESP

denis barden

Post by denis barden » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:59 pm

We get a fantastic service from Bellarine Bayside on our FREE Ramps from Pt Richards to St Leonards
Im sure in the near future we will have to pay

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:59 am

Kimtown wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
Kimtown wrote:Lol in your boat??
Yep, in the boat...and to top it off I had left my 6 year old in there whilst I went back to grab the car (yeah, bad form....wont be winning dad of the year for that one) To add insult to injury, one of them used the aerial as a grab rail on the way off.
*Lesson for the day everyone...Don't leave your kids unsupervised ever!
The strange asian tourists probably just wanted a go in the boat. Should have taken them for a spin ya selfish pr*co

Should of charged then $20 each for use of the baot on exiting otherwise puched them overboard lol

DougieK

Post by DougieK » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:59 pm

cobby wrote:
DougieK wrote:As far as I'm aware boat ramps are a local council issue and not a State gov issue. I would like to see the $ breakdown of where that money is going.
5.1m annually to Vicroads just for collecting the money, average 3m annually actually spent actually on ramps the rest goes in an account that by legislation dating back to the 60s when regos were first introduced can not be spent on anything other than recreational marine resources, mainly boat ramps. Things like bouys, markers etc come under a different area. We're the only state that has councils across every ramp take money to use them...
So the law already says that the money is supposed to go directly back into boating resources? Or have I misunderstood?

LBG Season 2023/4 :

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:31 am

No you're 110% correct dougy. And that section of the legislation was not changed when revenue from boat and pwc licences was introduced. So either the government are sitting on the proverbial gold mine or they've done one hell of a dodgy. The red tape surrounding 'grants' for anything is ridiculous

DougieK

Post by DougieK » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:56 pm

cobby wrote:No you're 110% correct dougy. And that section of the legislation was not changed when revenue from boat and pwc licences was introduced. So either the government are sitting on the proverbial gold mine or they've done one hell of a dodgy. The red tape surrounding 'grants' for anything is ridiculous

So how does it work? Who collects the money? If it's the state gov does the council then have to apply for a grant to do work?

I don't hate the idea of this movement but as far as I can tell they are calling for a law that already exists.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Return to “VRFish (Victorian Recreational Fishing Peak-Body)”