Backcountry trout fishing

User avatar
mazman
Rank: Gummy Shark
Rank: Gummy Shark
Posts: 2598
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:45 pm

Backcountry trout fishing

Postby mazman » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:37 pm

Hey guys,
Finished up editing the first full video from New Zealand.
Hope you enjoy watching and let me know what you think.
https://youtu.be/kFw4smU9bgA

Cheers Alex
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing



Remove these ads.

cantcatchem
Rank: Flathead
Rank: Flathead
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:34 am
Location: Patterson Lakes

Re: Backcountry trout fishing

Postby cantcatchem » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:08 pm

Yep, loved the footage, some great looking water there :thumbsup:

Lightningx
Rank: Mako Shark
Rank: Mako Shark
Posts: 8907
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:21 pm

Re: Backcountry trout fishing

Postby Lightningx » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:17 pm

Enjoyed watching the full version mate. Cheers :thumbsup:

purple5ive
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 5920
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: Backcountry trout fishing

Postby purple5ive » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:48 pm

Great work guys.
Whats a great way to spend some time fishing with the old man with cracking backdrops to boot.
Well done.
Are there any other freshwater fish other than trout in there at all?

Cheers
Small Fish Specialist :-D :-D :-D

User avatar
mazman
Rank: Gummy Shark
Rank: Gummy Shark
Posts: 2598
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:45 pm

Re: Backcountry trout fishing

Postby mazman » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:50 pm

Thanks guys, certainly had a good time over there.

Steve there isn't many freshwater natives in NZ and I'm not aware of any that are considered a sport fish
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 7059
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Backcountry trout fishing

Postby smile0784 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:07 pm

Well done great video



Remove these ads.

User avatar
Sinsemilla
Rank: Rainbow Trout
Rank: Rainbow Trout
Posts: 1393
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:35 pm
Location: Northern Subs

Re: Backcountry trout fishing

Postby Sinsemilla » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:28 pm

Nice work Alex. Some nice footage there.

How'd you go about planning a trip like that? Was it pretty straight forward?

Cheers, Anth

User avatar
mazman
Rank: Gummy Shark
Rank: Gummy Shark
Posts: 2598
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:45 pm

Re: Backcountry trout fishing

Postby mazman » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:54 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:Nice work Alex. Some nice footage there.

How'd you go about planning a trip like that? Was it pretty straight forward?

Cheers, Anth

Once we worked out where to go the planning side of things was pretty straightforward. The difficulty was working out exactly which river to go up and where to stay, that took time online looking at any reports I could find, topo maps and any other information about the area.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

User avatar
Sinsemilla
Rank: Rainbow Trout
Rank: Rainbow Trout
Posts: 1393
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:35 pm
Location: Northern Subs

Re: Backcountry trout fishing

Postby Sinsemilla » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:09 pm

mazman wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:Nice work Alex. Some nice footage there.

How'd you go about planning a trip like that? Was it pretty straight forward?

Cheers, Anth

Once we worked out where to go the planning side of things was pretty straightforward. The difficulty was working out exactly which river to go up and where to stay, that took time online looking at any reports I could find, topo maps and any other information about the area.


Thought it would have went a bit like that. Much help from other Youtubers? I'm planning something like this in the near future. I want to fish the Twizel hydro. I met a guy last year from Wollongong when i was fishing Eucumbene. He showed me photos and told me a bit of how he did it. He reckons he just grabbed a couple rods and waders, hired a car and set off on his own adventure. The scenery was out of this world and the fish were on another level. It's something i need to tick off my bucket list..

User avatar
mazman
Rank: Gummy Shark
Rank: Gummy Shark
Posts: 2598
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:45 pm

Re: Backcountry trout fishing

Postby mazman » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:13 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
mazman wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:Nice work Alex. Some nice footage there.

How'd you go about planning a trip like that? Was it pretty straight forward?

Cheers, Anth

Once we worked out where to go the planning side of things was pretty straightforward. The difficulty was working out exactly which river to go up and where to stay, that took time online looking at any reports I could find, topo maps and any other information about the area.


Thought it would have went a bit like that. Much help from other Youtubers? I'm planning something like this in the near future. I want to fish the Twizel hydro. I met a guy last year from Wollongong when i was fishing Eucumbene. He showed me photos and told me a bit of how he did it. He reckons he just grabbed a couple rods and waders, hired a car and set off on his own adventure. The scenery was out of this world and the fish were on another level. It's something i need to tick off my bucket list..

Twizel canals are a bit different, didn't go there this trip because while they have much larger fish they didn't suit the style of fishing we wanted to do this time round. Definitely on the to do list though. Most of the info for this trip was available publicly but some was from previous trips or emailing people in the area.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing



Remove these ads.


Return to “The Rest of the World”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests