Fishing America recommendations

robbo101

Fishing America recommendations

Post by robbo101 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:05 pm

Hi All,
I am currently planning a trip to america for June next year.
I would really appreciate any recommendations for places to go both for fishing and non fishing attractions.
I will be in north america and around the Florida area for quite a bit of the trip.
Places and also why they are worth a visit. I like the not so populated areas but I also understand some of the main attractions are going to be lots of tourists!!

Cheers, Rob.

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Fishing America recommendations

Post by CarlG » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:13 pm

You'll love florida mate, been there a number of times. Watch when you go on a fishing charter, the one we went on was good, but at the end of the trip, it was announced that the deckies worked on tips only, so there was a whip round at the end of the voyage to pay the deckies lol..after paying for the charter, you were then asked to ante up for something you presumed you'd already payed for..which was not unusual from what I was told..
The fishing was good mind, mainly small sharks, but a good few King Mackeral, (Pretty much Spaniards), and other bits and pieces..

robbo101

Post by robbo101 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:22 pm

Sweet thanks for the tip!

dezza68

Post by dezza68 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:27 pm

I have one word for you....Tarpon I caught a 30kg baby on 10 weight fly gear. Proper hardcore fish, jumps and runs harder than anything else Ive ever hooked. If you get out into the gulf of mexico the fishing is amazing. I caught some small amberjacks around 10kg and they can pull pretty hard as well.
Cast, catch and put it back

Sarg-79-

Post by Sarg-79- » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:48 am

You might be able to find some late run steelhead somewhere. We caught some in june in Michigan. If your going to the east coast and like flyfishing you'd be hard pressed to get better than Montana/Yellowstone. Even just for a touristy thing to do you've got to see Yellowstone!!

You'd be getting close to spring break over there so crowds will be hard to avoid!

Return to “The Rest of the World”