Thailand charters

bigwatkins

Thailand charters

Post by bigwatkins » Sun May 24, 2015 9:20 pm

Ok guys heres the story,

Im headed to thailand in july and the mrs has already agreed if i do a cooking class with her i can do a fishing charter with or with out her.

Has anyone done any over there? This time of year?

Ive had mates do the giat carp fisheries but id rather just do that in the yarra lol im thinking ill do it when we are down near phuket or in the south reigon so anywhere around there would be good.

Cheers

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Re: Thailand charters

Post by ducky » Mon May 25, 2015 1:42 pm

Shoot wokka1 a pm mate. He does it a bit I think.

wokka1

Post by wokka1 » Mon May 25, 2015 2:10 pm

I've only ever done 1 charter and it was pretty oridnary in all respects. I don't have current info on anything in the immediate Phuket area. You could try googling the Rawaii sport fishing club and see where that leads you. You could also try Trip advisor and Thai visa forums (which has a dedicated fishing forum).

My money tends to go to the parks these days.

Fishsniper

Post by Fishsniper » Mon May 25, 2015 6:43 pm

Not very good mate, alot of shifty operators, my bro had a permanent unit there for 2 years and said it's not worth it, if you were single I would suggest
you go there for the nightlife so to speak, lol

bigwatkins

Post by bigwatkins » Mon May 25, 2015 9:12 pm

Ah that sucks. Hopefully i can find something. Hahaha nah taking the mrs but im sure ill still see a few ping pongs lol

JoshW

Post by JoshW » Mon May 25, 2015 9:19 pm

I went on a really good one in Koh Tao with an english bloke. We caught spanish maks, queenies, etc. and the day before they got marlin and cobia. It was pretty pricey, but if you're keen it was good. Have a look here http://fishingkohtao.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .

Koh Tao is an awesome joint, I'd highly recommend it to anyone. I hired an ATV and took it all around the island up dirt tracks and all sorts, it was some of the best fun I've had anywhere.

paulpaciocco

Post by paulpaciocco » Mon May 25, 2015 9:28 pm

JoshW wrote:I went on a really good one in Koh Tao with an english bloke. We caught spanish maks, queenies, etc. and the day before they got marlin and cobia. It was pretty pricey, but if you're keen it was good. Have a look here http://fishingkohtao.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .

Koh Tao is an awesome joint, I'd highly recommend it to anyone. I hired an ATV and took it all around the island up dirt tracks and all sorts, it was some of the best fun I've had anywhere.

The eastern islands are great, koh Tao and koh nanyuang were my faves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wokka1

Post by wokka1 » Mon May 25, 2015 9:28 pm

Second the Koh Tao guy. He's one of the few I've found good reviews on but I didn't get a chance to fish with him. Info below (from 2013)

Marc Bell
http://www.fishingkohtao.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tel.+66 (0)848440700

Price still 5,000. max 2 persons. early start 5.45 or whenever 1st light is. 8 hour day. We are very dependant on weather. Fishing quite far offshore this season so need calm sea. so good if you are flexible with dates.
Best regards,
Marc

Long way from Phuket but.

JoshW

Post by JoshW » Mon May 25, 2015 9:36 pm

wokka1 wrote:Second the Koh Tao guy. He's one of the few I've found good reviews on but I didn't get a chance to fish with him. Info below (from 2013)

Marc Bell
http://www.fishingkohtao.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tel.+66 (0)848440700

Price still 5,000. max 2 persons. early start 5.45 or whenever 1st light is. 8 hour day. We are very dependant on weather. Fishing quite far offshore this season so need calm sea. so good if you are flexible with dates.
Best regards,
Marc

Long way from Phuket but.
Yeah, unfortunately last time I was there it was too rough so we couldn't go out. That was the same price as of 2014 as well.

Return to “The Rest of the World”