san remo/punchbowl

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Re: san remo/punchbowl

Post by raco09 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:10 pm

Try the other side of cape woolamai ( however its spelt) vre. Park in the carpark and walk across the road and follow the sand track.
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

tr3los

Post by tr3los » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:14 pm

cheers raco09 thats another spot im hoping to get down too :) cheers for the advice guys, i will be going with a friend that I go fishing with and he's also been with me there all the other times too.. I'm not careless/nieve when i do fish there sorry if i came across as cocky though i do think if you pick your days/times you fish there it is relatively safe, just my opinion going by times iv fished there, and what iv seen while fishing there, and in the half an hour i spend before each session fishing i spend observing the waves from the lookout. Again lads, I appreciate the words of caution.

rixter

Post by rixter » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:27 pm

I don't mean to sound to put people off this area !, but if you are confident and a good swimmer etc , then go for it. Years ago i fished there heaps , lots of good catches etc etc , then 1 day a wave caught me off guard and washed me over bigtime. Lucky i was informed to swim away from the rocks into the ocean , then over to the beach ( and lucky i was a good swimmer back then as it was rough as guts , thought i was going to die ! ). I was young back then and swam all the time , cocky and was fit for it. These days I recon if i got washed over i would probably die ! . I can't swim anywhere near as good as I could years ago, and that washover took away some confidence. Just be carefull ;) , cheers mate , Rick.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:54 pm

tr3los wrote:Happy Valentines day princess x
ha... :2guns: :2guns:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:55 pm

if you have 9 lives, it is worth a try. If you only have one, it may be worth a gamble.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

rixter

Post by rixter » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:57 pm

Fish-cador wrote:if you have 9 lives, it is worth a try. If you only have one, it may be worth a gamble.
Couldn't of said it better myself to top it off what i mean too ! , I used all eight of my nine lifes years ago I think , maybe on my last one ? ..hehehe.
Here Fishy Fishy Image

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:01 pm

LOL, not even 1 and a half left? I would not risk my life (and limbs) for salmon and mullet. Nice spot for suicide though. No need to go to the rocks. Just drive off the cliff at the end of the gravel road. :-)
====
Words of wisdom:
====

rixter

Post by rixter » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:03 pm

Fish-cador wrote:LOL, not even 1 and a half left? I would not risk my life (and limbs) for salmon and mullet. Nice spot for suicide though. No need to go to the rocks. Just drive off the cliff at the end of the gravel road. :-)
I hear ya ;) , I agree, chears bud , Rick
Here Fishy Fishy Image

Bar002811

Post by Bar002811 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:47 am

Hey guys if you have your wits about you and fish the run out of tide with all the safety rockfish shoes you have big fish potential I've and my brother caught 1 5.2kg snapper a year ago good luck :thumbsup:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:37 am

Bar002811 wrote:Hey guys if you have your wits about you and fish the run out of tide with all the safety rockfish shoes you have big fish potential I've and my brother caught 1 5.2kg snapper a year ago good luck :thumbsup:
Which side were you fishing when you go down? Left or right?

Return to “Phillip Island”