silverleaves

wallaby30

silverleaves

Post by wallaby30 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:06 pm

Just got back from a relaxing few days down at the island , well it was meant to be relaxing we had some friends come with us and their 3 boys... . On the Saturday with a high tide at 5:30 am I got up to get the boys dressed and take them for a fish . Ended up at the fishing spot at 6:20 am the spot was only about 200 meters from the house who would have thought 3 young kids getting dressed that early would be hard . Oh well , we ended up only fishing for a few hours and only 1 mullet caught by the oldest of the 3 kids . His first ever fish he was stoked and even better was that he asked me if I minded throwing it back to his mum .
Sunday was much better the kids where much keener to get out of bed and dressed as quick as possible. Got to the spot just before high tide , and after only 5 mins the mullet came out to play each of the boys getting at least 3 each . After a few hours 15-16 mullet 3 small salmon and 1 toady were caught . With all fish returned safely and 3 happy little kids it was time for some hot chocolates from the general store . Great weekend spent with close friends and great weather couldn't have been better

fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 386 times

Re: silverleaves

Post by fishingvic » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:42 pm

Great to see the kids had some fun. Silverleaves is a great spot for land based fishing. Plenty of King George Whiting in shallow after dark during the summer months.
Fishing Victoria Admin
http://www.fishing-victoria.com
Fishing Victoria - Forums for fishing and angling in Victoria, Australia.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:40 pm

Won't be long before silverleaves will be inundated with boats mine included. The island is a great place for a getaway with kids always something to entertain them

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:41 pm

:banana: well done,sounds like awesome family trip you had.
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Return to “Phillip Island”