GPS Waypoints

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Re: GPS Waypoints

Post by BIG GAV » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:48 am

What's the point of a sounder.. If anyone wants marks there's stacks in th wp n ppb guide books
If I'm not fishing, I'd rather be fishing!

skwiz05

Post by skwiz05 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:27 pm

Anyone want approx 2200 waypoints -fishing spots, Ill give em for free. emailed. Covers all of Aus, and about 300 for PPB, lots in Westernport.
Just use gpsbabel to convert to anything you want. GPX or hwr (humminbird) formats...
PM me for email addy swap...

Tackleberry
Has liked: 289 times

Post by Tackleberry » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:48 pm

Brett wrote:
bowl wrote:Hey brett, ussaly the pricks running a business without abn, are the same blokes claiming centrelink and if they divorced pay f -all in child
Support payments.
Why did you drag the topic to child support ffs. Turn the computer(or your phone) off and p1ss off fishing, you're in a mood.
yep as a single farther i brought up my two sons without any support from their egg donor

and i say donor because it ain't a mothers bra strap .

this hole child support thing is a huge scam have you seen how much they get of missing link for a couple of kids

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:55 pm

wooly,
just curious why you are inputing them on a computer, wouldnt it be easier to just load a few onto the unit itself, afterall the guys with the units should be doing this i would have imagined.
also these way points, are they the same as the so called GPS MARKS that people talk about.
or do you actually have a planned route to each spots from a certain ramp etc.

skwiz05

Post by skwiz05 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:38 am

Using the PC makes sense. I own 2 boats and have 3 different GPS units....
Saving about 4000 marks all up.....
Then, update PC once, convert then upload to 3 GPS units is faster than individually punching buttons on the units.
Also, if a gps fails and I buy a new one, I can quickly drop all my marks onto it- imagine punching hundreds of marks in manually! Take forever ......

chris srsc

Post by chris srsc » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:17 pm

with the vast amount of water, serious question here, how many of you go back to the same spot on a gps mark each time you go out? i try diffeant spot each time as its about exploring diffent spots( thats my excuse for not catching..lol)

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:33 pm

I do both, I'll frequently go back to the same couple of places I know work but if someone else is going somewhere I've never been before I might tag along because trying a new spot is a lot easier when you have someone with you who knows the area.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Return to “GPS Marks”