Vic RFL to be reviewed!

News and media releases from the Department of Primary Industries (DPI)
April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Vic RFL to be reviewed!

Post by April Fool » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:02 pm

Better late than never I guess! People who currently have exemptions may lose their exemption! Not a bad thing and they still may have a reduced price. I have a concession card...disability part time work only sort of thing. In Vic I am not exempt so pay my way. In NSW' I am exempt so don't pay....mainly cos I only fish the Murray one day a year. Will be a fair few years before I am exempt to fish Vic waters but me thinks I would still pay anyway. Besides, I spend $5 mil on tackle every year so I think I can contribute something.

The link below has the details and you can see from the figures of licence holders vs non - license holders as to why there is a problem.
https://www.vrfish.com.au/2019/07/24/mi ... nt-review/
Cheers
Team Bender

Fishbref
Has liked: 41 times

Re: Vic RFL to be reviewed!

Post by Fishbref » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:33 am

I agree. I always have a current license and I only fish a handful of times a year (there was a time when it was a weekly affair, but 4 kids and a demanding job tend to do their thing...). Point is, I know some very nice folk who don't need/have a license but go fishing at least fortnightly - they have the means to get one but don't feel compelled. This is not right; not only from a transactional fishing perspective, but in terms of the overall purpose of the licensing scheme - people must see the bigger picture.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:10 pm

I have a yearly pass in vic but when I go to bermagui I still have to a months pass up there when only there a week.

I noticed so many not having passes Due to age or disability or inc9me.
It's bit unfair I think.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:39 pm

Considering our license fees contribute towards stocking of waterways and better facilities I can understand the reason why all should pay for the privilege. It would concern me though if changes would make it less affordable for aged pensioners, low income earners or people on disability payments.

Return to “Department of Primary Industries / Fisheries”