Making Boating Better For Victorians

News and media releases from the Department of Primary Industries (DPI)
purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Making Boating Better For Victorians

Post by purple5ive » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:12 pm

cobby wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:58 am
purple5ive wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:45 am
rb85 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:48 am
That’s where signage needs to erected and fines issued for parking in trailer only spots.
Have seen bass coast shire fine cars for being in boat trailer parking only problem I had was it was blowing a gale and no one was fishing anyway.
signage and fines will do fkall when its summer and you turn up at the ramp and find the cars without trailers have taken up all the parking, nothing will help you then cause you cannot launch. but yeah its a good start.
ive been told by the police (while they were fining cars) to ring the local station and they will send out officers straight away (mornington) but that still doesnt give me anywhere to park which means i cannot launch..
Just block them in. I've watched someone deliberately park almost behind a car, get his mates to help lift the trailer and wrap it around the offending car which was also boxed in on the other side, all with the carpark almost empty. Needless to say person was not happy 3 hours later when the boat returned...
hahaha ive thought about that so many times its not funny..
ive actually told people to park elsewhere when ive seen them attempting to sneak into the trailer parking area, Pointing towards the BOAT AND TRAILER PARKING ONLY sign generally gets them moving pretty quickly

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:28 pm

rb85 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:02 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:45 am
rb85 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:08 am
purple5ive wrote:
rb85 wrote:
That’s where signage needs to erected and fines issued for parking in trailer only spots.
Have seen bass coast shire fine cars for being in boat trailer parking only problem I had was it was blowing a gale and no one was fishing anyway.
signage and fines will do fkall when its summer and you turn up at the ramp and find the cars without trailers have taken up all the parking, nothing will help you then cause you cannot launch. but yeah its a good start.
ive been told by the police (while they were fining cars) to ring the local station and they will send out officers straight away (mornington) but that still doesnt give me anywhere to park which means i cannot launch..
That’s true but I don’t see how free ramp fees changes an existing parking infringement issue. What it seems you’re suggesting by your initial post is people already breaking local laws will increase once there’s an abolishment in ramp fees? To me if individual drivers are parking in boat trailer car parks they wouldn’t be paying the ramp fee to allow it.
Yes breaking the law. And I am betting it will get worse now because it's free parking. Currently its paid parking and designated areas for trailer but when its summer people start parking in trailer bays because they cannot find anywhere else to park.
Once the trailer parking is taken up then anyone that comes with a boat cannot launch because theres nowehere to park the trailer. So it's either go back home or find a nearby ramp with parking still available.

It's not the infringement rule im talking about.
People get fined quite a lot. But mornington pier is a very very busy place and many people visit it for an outing. When the pier parking is full people park in the boat ramp area . It happens quite a lot. People get fined but still continue to park there when theres no room.

Free parking will now mean more people using up valuable trailer parking for non trailer vehicles
If it’s free or not the rules getting broken either there needs to be more boat trailer spaces, more general parking or increased penalties as a deterrent.

Did the people parked in boat trailer spots buy a ramp ticket or pay to park there previously? Just can’t see how ramp fee abolishment will increase the amount of jetty users parking in the wrong spot.

I’m just glad I don’t put up with that crap the suburban ramp users contend with.
if they can do it when its paid parking, what makes you think they wont do it when its free for all??
and no i never checked to see if they bought a ticket.
next summer make a trip down to mornington and see for yourself
i dont think there are many repeat offenders, its just that mornington pier receives so much Tourists that its more often just accidental.
everywhere else is free parking bar the ramp area, but people just try and find a park and just bugger off usually..

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:40 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:12 pm
cobby wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:58 am
purple5ive wrote:
rb85 wrote:
Just block them in. I've watched someone deliberately park almost behind a car, get his mates to help lift the trailer and wrap it around the offending car which was also boxed in on the other side, all with the carpark almost empty. Needless to say person was not happy 3 hours later when the boat returned...
hahaha ive thought about that so many times its not funny..
ive actually told people to park elsewhere when ive seen them attempting to sneak into the trailer parking area, Pointing towards the BOAT AND TRAILER PARKING ONLY sign generally gets them moving pretty quickly
I've seen people parking caravans & motorhomes at StKilda Marina....

Johand

Post by Johand » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:13 pm

hhghhhh
Last edited by Johand on Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:04 pm

Johand wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:13 pm
At Black Rock if you launch your boat you dont have to pay.Been like that for years already.
Take note of the sign,even ask the guy writing tickets.
3 years ago I have asked the ticket guy and he has confirmed .
I am sure north road boat ramp is the same.
why dont you have to pay a fee? ive always paid the fees.

Johand

Post by Johand » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:50 pm

Hgggggbvgm jnbhjj
Last edited by Johand on Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:00 pm

ok, will hav eto keep this in mind for next time mate, where exactly is the sign, ill have to have a good look at it next time.

Johand

Post by Johand » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:03 pm

Jugg bubhhg hhbhhb
Last edited by Johand on Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:25 pm

Johand wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:03 pm
On about the middle line near the pay machine.
If i go around tomorrow i will take a photo.
Thanks man appreciate it :thumbsup:

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:08 pm

This is the reply i got regarding how long this will all take...

Pretty much what i expected with no answer given.
Hi Steve

Thank you for your email dated 25 March 2019 regarding the Victorian Government’s commitment to improve boating in Victoria.

The Government has committed to making major improvements to boating for Victorians, including initiatives such as returning all boat licence and registration revenue back into better boating facilities and safety, and abolishing boat ramp parking and launching fees at Victorian boat ramps as its first priorities.

The Government has immediately commenced an audit of Victorian boat ramps, to identify both the condition and locations of these facilities which will enable the implementation of maintenance programs and capital investments where they are required.

The Government is also getting on with implementing upgrades of boating facilities at Mordialloc, Queenscliff, Point Richards, Hastings, Rhyll and the Cowes jetty.

Work has also commenced on planning how the boat licence and registration fees collected annually by the Government can be most appropriately returned to the sector through better boating facilities and safety measures, and abolishing boat ramp parking and launching fees. Stakeholder consultation will form an important part of that process.

Be assured the Victorian Government will deliver fully on each and every promise we made to the Victorian community and we look forward to keeping you updated about development.

Jason Murray
Communications and Engagement Manager – Freight, Roads and Ports

Strategic Communications and Engagement
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

Return to “Department of Primary Industries / Fisheries”