Better Boat Ramps, Free Parking And More Fish For Victorians

News and media releases from the Department of Primary Industries (DPI)
tracks

Re: Better Boat Ramps, Free Parking And More Fish For Victorians

Post by tracks » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:46 am

Gotta agree with Blacklab99, we need more ramps more than anything else and increase the parking spaces, look at Newport the (warmies) it's a bloody joke 2 ramps and 60 odd boats trying to launch or recover, Who were there early Tuesday morning mid week most of the parking spaces were taken,, I see the western suburbs miss out again, why didn't Andrews do this 3 years ago, I'm over these vote hunting pollies and I won't be voting for labor or liberals,

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:21 am

cobby wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
piscateur wrote:All steps in the right direction if the actually deliver on this promise.
Amen to that Brudda :victory:
Their true colours will be shown once they get into power...
We need a Ramp at Flinders :cheers:

Ps - i could be wrong here, but isnt patto and warneet like a private ramp or something like that?
if so how is the no launching/parking fee proposal going to work there?
Patto is Parks, and Warneet is a committee. Committee will end up losing power over the ramp and Parks will hand over Patto
fishnut wrote:Hey purple5 pretty sure those ramps u mentioned are run by local counci/shire
I think st.klida ramp is owned by the marina which is privately owned
By the way did Daniel Andrews say when all this would be put in place, prob 20 year plan or something ridiculous

Thanks lads

ango

Post by ango » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:40 am

Facilities are clearly inadequate, I am a bit over queuing down the creek at Mordi to get on the dock, then queuing on the dock etc. it can take well over an hour to get my boat out during the season, and don't bother showing up after 4.00 am if you want to park in the car park. People park down the road which then means the dock fills with boats while people walk to their trailers so launching & retrieving slows right down. I would not mind paying if it meant better facilities.

Bayrock
Has liked: 34 times

Post by Bayrock » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:41 am

ducky wrote:
Bayrock wrote:All of these rosy plans will mean pretty much nothing if the WP biosphere is destroyed by the plans AGL have for Crib Point.
THIS should be the issue victorian voters take to the next election
Yeah but ppb is getting pretty healthy these days. So it’s all much of a muchness.

/troll
So it's OK if WPB is wrecked as we still have PPB? How do you work that out?

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:14 pm

ango wrote:Facilities are clearly inadequate, I am a bit over queuing down the creek at Mordi to get on the dock, then queuing on the dock etc. it can take well over an hour to get my boat out during the season, and don't bother showing up after 4.00 am if you want to park in the car park. People park down the road which then means the dock fills with boats while people walk to their trailers so launching & retrieving slows right down. I would not mind paying if it meant better facilities.
The problem is, we've been paying for 20 years and yet NOTHING has been done. NOTHING! Just subsidising councillors meaningless overseas junkets and ridiculous bonuses while the money legally set aside to be spent on infrastructure just disappears off of government books....

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:07 am

Bayrock wrote:
ducky wrote:
Bayrock wrote:All of these rosy plans will mean pretty much nothing if the WP biosphere is destroyed by the plans AGL have for Crib Point.
THIS should be the issue victorian voters take to the next election
Yeah but ppb is getting pretty healthy these days. So it’s all much of a muchness.

/troll
So it's OK if WPB is wrecked as we still have PPB? How do you work that out?
I thought the /troll bit would be enough to communicate I was taking the ****.

I’m in full agreeance with you. The AGL deal seems putrid. 450 million litres of sterile cold water pumped into the bay per day (180 Olympic sized swimming pools worth) even better is when it washed up and down the north up and doesn’t go anywhere (potentially, agl themselves don’t know the effects)

Be interesting to see what the results of the environmental impact study are when it’s finalised.

tracks

Post by tracks » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:44 am

Looking at it again, there is no mention of our freshwater lakes only metro area ramps, more voters in greater Melbourne than our country friends, typical political vote hunting where the numbers are. I haven't heard or seen anything regarding policies in regional Victoria from either party.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:52 am

tracks wrote:Looking at it again, there is no mention of our freshwater lakes only metro area ramps, more voters in greater Melbourne than our country friends, typical political vote hunting where the numbers are. I haven't heard or seen anything regarding policies in regional Victoria from either party.
Not too many high volume pay to use ramps outside of metro Melbourne mate. With the exception of the south west tuna fishery ramps.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:20 am

Pt Wilson/ Kirk's point boat ramp upgrade be handy
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:30 am