Better Boat Ramps, Free Parking And More Fish For Victorians

News and media releases from the Department of Primary Industries (DPI)
fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 386 times

Post by fishingvic » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:25 am

Media contact: Georgia Brumby 0428 698 185 | georgia.brumby@vic.alp.org.au
Wednesday, 31 October 2018
BETTER BOAT RAMPS, FREE PARKING AND MORE FISH FOR VICTORIANS

A re-elected Andrews Labor Government will make it cheaper and easier for Victorian families to get out on the water, with an unprecedented boost to recreational boating and fishing.
Labor will fix boat ramps, abolish all boat ramp parking and launching fees and make sure that every cent of licencing and registration fees is spent on boating safety and facilities.
Victorian families know that the costs of parking and launch fees can make a day on the bay an expensive outing, and poorly maintained facilities take the fun out of boating.
Labor will establish a Better Boating Fund to immediately get to work on urgent boat ramp upgrades including at Mordialloc, Queenscliff, Point Richards, Hastings and Rhyll.
Having already invested $1.8 million to revitalize the Cowes Jetty precinct, Labor will undertake critical jetty maintenance works at the much-loved Cowes Jetty.
Paying to park your car and trailer at a boat ramp will be a thing of the past with Labor committing to abolish boat ramp parking fees, saving families up to $315 a year on an annual parking permit.
There’ll also be eight new casual berths across the bay accessible to the public.
Building on the success of the Andrews Labor Government’s record $46 million investment in the Target One Million program, Labor will invest in a massive boost to fish stocking and better planning for fishing tourism.
Under Labor, fish stocking will grow to 10 million a year by 2022, which means more fish to catch, and more tourism for fishing towns.
This comes on top of the $7 million the Labor Government has already committed to a new native fish hatchery in Shepparton.
Labor will also end commercial fishing in the Gippsland Lakes, buying out the last of the commercial fishing licences and return the lakes system for recreational fishing to boost local tourism and jobs.
And for those who want to take their love of fishing from the ramp to the road, VicRoads will offer a new range of recreational fishing designed licence plates for cars, introduced as part of the range of custom plates.
Quote attributable to Premier Daniel Andrews
“Victorian boaters already pay licence and rego fees, they shouldn’t also have to pay local councils up to hundreds of dollars just to use boat ramps – so we’ll scrap these fees to make boating accessible for everyone.”
Quote attributable to Minister for Ports Luke Donnellan
“The boating community has told us that they need better facilities and we’ve listened – this massive package of upgrades will be a game changer for recreational boating and fishing across Victoria.”
Quote attributable to Minister for Agriculture Jaala Pulford “Whether you fish on the coast, our stunning bays and inlets or in pristine freshwater lakes and rivers – only Labor will deliver for recreational anglers.”

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Re: Better Boat Ramps, Free Parking And More Fish For Victorians

Post by Nude up » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:36 am

Great news we have been ripped off for years fishing licence,boat drivers licence,trailer rego and boat rego then ridiculous ramp fees. Let’s hope all parties listen

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:54 am

:cheers: Here here

denis barden

Post by denis barden » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:18 am

Very good -If they arnt pulling our legs

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:23 am

I've been a Liberal voter all my life (like my parents before me), & although I know the unions are balls deep down Daniel Andrews' throat I have been considering voting left for the last few months. This policy has just sealed the deal for me.

skouta

Post by skouta » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:44 am

Gotta love erection time..... :P
"I only caught one - the rest surrendered"

piscateur
Has liked: 63 times

Post by piscateur » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:52 am

All steps in the right direction if the actually deliver on this promise. We still need more ramps for PPB and WP though.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:37 am

skouta wrote:Gotta love erection time..... :P
I'd like to bet all $27,000,000 we're owed that Dumbo Dan and his sissies wouldn't have said or done **** about it if they still had years to run on their term. And same goes for Tosser Guy and his wankers too if it wasn't election season.

How to you guarantee a healthy paycheck for a minimum 3 years no matter how corrupt, spineless, inept and generally garbage you are at your job? Just get into politics

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:43 am

I think the Andrews government has done heaps for Victoria
If they're re-elected they'll do it
There is supposed to be a big announcement at the Codference -- has it been leaked ????
Cheers Gra

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:54 am

piscateur wrote:All steps in the right direction if the actually deliver on this promise.
Amen to that Brudda :victory:
Their true colours will be shown once they get into power...
We need a Ramp at Flinders :cheers:

Ps - i could be wrong here, but isnt patto and warneet like a private ramp or something like that?
if so how is the no launching/parking fee proposal going to work there?

Return to “Department of Primary Industries / Fisheries”