Opera house nets

News and media releases from the Department of Primary Industries (DPI)
deathray
Has liked: 8 times

Re: Opera house nets

Post by deathray » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:58 pm

Redhunter wrote:Rats, native or not, all fall under the same banner imo....vermin scum.

edited!
Damn straight Red! This is a call to arms, let’s make this country great again.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:12 am

Redhunter wrote:Rats, native or not, all fall under the same banner imo....vermin scum.

Have been using opera house traps for a good 30 yrs in private dams and have NEVER caught a platypus. Only ever seen them in flowing water.

edited!
It's more to stop the idiots and ignorant from using them in public waters (which by the way happens a HELL of a lot) all because they're for sale in the local big w etc and the 15yo check out chick has no idea of the rules. A blanket ban on them is far from the worst problem to have

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:53 pm

deathray wrote:

edited!
Damn straight Red! This is a call to arms, let’s make this country great again.
:rofl:
Mate, I do have my reasons...I've been dealing with a bloody mouse plague the last couple of months. Damn things have been breeding up in the paddocks along the creek, and once the weather took a downward tumble the damn things have been invading the town. (Takes me back to the days when I was a kid, playing with traps and baits, hunting them down like a pro.)
In another few months I'll be dealing with rats as they try to find a place to breed up. It's no fun when they are partying hard just above your head as you're trying to get a few hours sleep ready for the working day ahead. As I said, I have my reasons why I call them ALL vermin scum...

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:03 pm

cobby wrote:

Have been using opera house traps for a good 30 yrs in private dams and have NEVER caught a platypus. Only ever seen them in flowing water.

edited!
It's more to stop the idiots and ignorant from using them in public waters (which by the way happens a HELL of a lot) all because they're for sale in the local big w etc and the 15yo check out chick has no idea of the rules. A blanket ban on them is far from the worst problem to have
Yeh I do understand that, because let's be honest, "common-sense" is a rarity in this day and age (people "can't" think). Nevermind legalities! I just wonder if things will get so bad as to whether hooks will only be sold in packs of 2 shortly, because you aren't allowed to use 50 hooks at the same time? How stupid is the world really becoming? I strongly feel that things are turning into an "automated dictatorship world" where people can no longer think, because they have simply not learnt or not been allowed to think.
Childish times ahead for us all...or maybe I just need to fish more...

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:11 pm

What’s wrong with people. Native animal that’s protected but because it partly shares the name with introduced pests it gets treated with contempt... sad

phil1818

Post by phil1818 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:46 pm

rb85 wrote:What’s wrong with people. Native animal that’s protected but because it partly shares the name with introduced pests it gets treated with contempt... sad
Just because something is native doesn’t mean much in this country, you can shoot Roos which are native and people eat emu which are our coat of arms.. end of the day there disease carrying rodents hardly an issue if a few fall to the way side besides people are happy as Larry to kill common rats and nobody cares

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:16 pm

phil1818 wrote:
rb85 wrote:What’s wrong with people. Native animal that’s protected but because it partly shares the name with introduced pests it gets treated with contempt... sad
Just because something is native doesn’t mean much in this country, you can shoot Roos which are native and people eat emu which are our coat of arms.. end of the day there disease carrying rodents hardly an issue if a few fall to the way side besides people are happy as Larry to kill common rats and nobody cares
They are protected under Australian Law. Do you have evidence to back up your claim?

phil1818

Post by phil1818 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:28 pm

Evidence on what??

Return to “Department of Primary Industries / Fisheries”