A good day!!

Tangles_1

A good day!!

Post by Tangles_1 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:07 pm

So a few of you may have noticed that I joined recently with my 'hello' post and stuff.... As it turns out I went fishing again today. We started at picnic point and all we got were nibbles and a few small trout, moved up to robin hood reserve or whatever it is called and pretty much spent a few hours feeding grayling- pulled a few in and let them go. Then some random guy turned up and had a chat to us- awesome bloke and had a nice brown trout in his boot from 'somewhere else'. Turns out he used to fish the area before he moved to qld. So it began- this whole thing that people who fish are standoffish is crap- on the little chat we had I went through out maps and plotted a course with only a few hours of daylight left.

An hour or so later I found myself exploring tracks off a dirt road until we found one that hit a nearby river, threw a line in and had a hit 2nd cast. We ended up with a few small browns, which were thrown back, about 25cm but ran out of light within half an hour but seem to have found myself a nice little patch of river to explore over the next few weeks.

Chris.

Tangles_1

Re: A good day!!

Post by Tangles_1 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:43 pm

Edited* Thanks d

Return to “Yarra Valley and surrounds”