Man missing presumed drowned Wonga Park

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Man missing presumed drowned Wonga Park

Post by ChrisD » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:06 am

I have just seen the tragic news of a fisherman that went for a swim in the Yarra, behind Heritage Golf course, and is now missing. Many of us have fished that section of the Yarra, and this news, as tragic as it is, is a reminder for all of us to be mindful around the water, not just the Yarra. Things can go from good to tragic very quickly and we all want to enjoy fishing and return home to our families afterwards.

Side not on that area of the Yarra, and other river banks, always watch out for banks that have been under cut by the river, fishing those is a recipe for disaster. I saw a guy recently almost get caught out when the bank collapsed under his feet. Luckily it happened slow enough that he got clear in plenty of time.

Again let's all take a moment to be aware of our surroundings and stay safe while enjoying the sport.

jessos1

Re: Man missing presumed drowned Wonga Park

Post by jessos1 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:03 pm

Very sad story...
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-or ... 6844449101" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PB's (most are estimates no brag mat) Carp 40cm, Redfin 35cm, Silver Trevally 27cm, Eel 1m+, Mullet 25cm, Sand whiting 20cm.
Wish list: Rainbow and Brown Trout, Bigger Redfin, Gummy Shark, Estuary Perch and Snapper

poppy62
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poppy62 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:14 pm

Chris, i'm trying to picture where this is.. Is this the swampy area near the gun club????

jessos1

Post by jessos1 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:20 pm

poppy62 wrote:Chris, i'm trying to picture where this is.. Is this the swampy area near the gun club????
Other golf course it was at herritage golf course. If you walk along the track behind the course its like a 2km walk there is bird watching boxes I'm sure its behind them just like a little lake.
PB's (most are estimates no brag mat) Carp 40cm, Redfin 35cm, Silver Trevally 27cm, Eel 1m+, Mullet 25cm, Sand whiting 20cm.
Wish list: Rainbow and Brown Trout, Bigger Redfin, Gummy Shark, Estuary Perch and Snapper

Return to “Yarra Valley and surrounds”