eltham

biggar

Re: eltham

Post by biggar » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:31 pm

Most spots in the gorge are good and there are more fish in there than just carp
Angling is the name given to fishing by people that can't fish

rowan588

Post by rowan588 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:37 pm

im really going to have to try in there, its only 15 minutes from my place to gorge road which seems like a good,kick off point. as usual biggar top info :thumbsup:

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Post by ChrisD » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:22 am

Is there any good access to the Yarra on the south side of the bank from Eltham that anyone is aware of?

Looking at google earth i can't see anywhere that is easily reached and being in croydon it is a bit of an extra drive crossing the river at warrendyte or templestowe to cut back to eltham.

rowan588

Post by rowan588 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:56 am

you can try up the back of westerfolds park, bit of a hike to the yarra from the car park, or if you go to the bridge that is fitzsimonds lane there is a parking spot om the south side ( look on google maps) from here you can walk the trail west or east looking for a spot to get down to the bank, looks like theres a launching point on the west side a little in, going to try there next week with a mate

cheers
rowan

biggar

Post by biggar » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:25 pm

I would suggest fishing further upstream because that spot you are talking about is really overfished. There are definately fish terr but you will have better luck someplace else! Try around laughing waters !! :)

rowan588

Post by rowan588 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:33 pm

laughing waters rd or the park close to it? and is there anywhere the banks not surround by bush, not keen on the tigers these days, seems like there getting awful aggressive of late

biggar

Post by biggar » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:47 pm

I rarely ever see snakes down by the waterways but other people seem to see them every time they go! Laughing waters road Leads to the park

rowan588

Post by rowan588 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:27 pm

cheers will give it a go, usually you can scare them off with a bit of stomping about but sometimes they dont care to much and stick around

bmwillia

Post by bmwillia » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:47 pm

Griffith park has been pretty good. A mate and I were fishing it before the hot spell and doing well. Maccas were the main catch but we managed quite a few reddies as well. Has anyone else been getting reddies? Also managed a small cod which I was happy with been a while since I'd caught one out of the Yarra

What type of fish are in the gorge? I know there are quite a few eels and carp and the odd redfin has anyone else caught anything else? I've heard rumors of yellowbelly years ago from a neighbour who was a fishing maniac.

biggar

Post by biggar » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:57 pm

Odd trout gets caught in the "untouched pools". Also seen pics of small cod from our of there. Millions of roach too. Oh and yeah there are still one or two yellow belly still in the gorge. Not enough to actually target though

Return to “Yarra Valley and surrounds”