Looking for Fishing spots

trout-hunter
Has liked: 8 times

Re: Looking for Fishing spots

Post by trout-hunter » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:35 pm

These where all on scrubbies, the gates at sugarloaf close at 5 but you can drive out whenever.. They open automaticly so you can leave at midnite if ya wanted to. caught all 9 after about 7pm. Gotta wait untill it warms up before they come back into action.

mcmonier

Post by mcmonier » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:47 pm

Ah yes the magical gates!!
I wasn't sure if you were allowed to use bait there, I've heard mixes reports, aswell as no berley and no wading.
Last time I was there the water level was the lowest I've seen, we were able to get past alot of the submerged trees and flick some lures.
Also managed to find a few that had been lost in the trees!!

biggar

Post by biggar » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:30 pm

diamond creek is fishing really well atm, plenty is going pretty good around greensborough, some nice maccas are coming out of wonga park and I have caught redfin consistently at sugarloaf lately. PM me if need more info
Angling is the name given to fishing by people that can't fish

jessos1

Post by jessos1 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:40 pm

I've fished Lilydale even after it was stocked a few months back and nothing, even other people fishing said they hadn't had a bite at all! And I might have to do some exploring around these areas when I get a chance. Also I didn't think you could fish rowville?? I know there is a spot off stud road scoresby i think ive been past it and it is supposed to be stocked with trout if anybody knows anything about it?

Cheers guys!
PB's (most are estimates no brag mat) Carp 40cm, Redfin 35cm, Silver Trevally 27cm, Eel 1m+, Mullet 25cm, Sand whiting 20cm.
Wish list: Rainbow and Brown Trout, Bigger Redfin, Gummy Shark, Estuary Perch and Snapper

simon2g

Post by simon2g » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:21 pm

hey mate, sugarloaf is great for redfin and yella's the odd carp. i haven't had much luck there at all but i know people catch there regularly. i've been having some luck on the yarra behind heritage golf course the past 3 weeks or so. if you ever want to meet up for a session pm me i live only 10 minutes from you.

trout around warbuton i hear is a easy catch flicking spinners of nymphs/hard bodies, haven't started trout fishing yet but will for sure soon!

simon2g

Post by simon2g » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:22 pm

sidenote - anyone who has fished around junction/warburton.. what area's are great for wading? would like to walk upstream and wade the creeks/streams.

Drifta-X

Post by Drifta-X » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:13 pm

Bait fishing is not allowed at sugarloaf!!!!!!

allrounder_13

Post by allrounder_13 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:03 pm

trout-hunter wrote:Hey mate im in mt evelyn. Sugarloaf holds good yellowbelly and big redfin.. Ive fished every spot in the yarra valley and if you want trout i could take you to spots where you WILL catch trout...
Yes, sugarloaf is a great place for yellowbelly and big reds, great fun on light gear!
Last time i was there it had just rained and i used worms and i figured with the rain the fish would be near the bank lookin for worms and i caught to good yellows and about 7 small redfin but i know theres big Redfin there as ive seen a big one pulled out on a spinner.
Also ive used tassie devils that replicate small redfin and theve gone great to!
Edit: ive never fished with out catching anything there!
Last edited by allrounder_13 on Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

allrounder_13

Post by allrounder_13 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:05 pm

Drifta-X wrote:Bait fishing is not allowed at sugarloaf!!!!!!
I had a talk with a park ranger when i was reeling them in on worms and he didnt seem to mind and didnt say a thing, infact he fave me a few tips and where some hotspots are!

allrounder_13

Post by allrounder_13 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:08 pm

trout-hunter wrote:Lilydale lake has gone slow since they flushed it out. Ill put some yellobelly i got in sugarloaf. I got 9 of these in one night.
Good work, is it a suitable enviroment for them? as it would suck to be puling the fish out of sugarloaf just for them to die in lilydale.

Return to “Yarra Valley and surrounds”