Trout yarra ranges 8/9/13

toygtr

Re: Trout yarra ranges 8/9/13

Post by toygtr » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:52 pm

perfect for the that type of spinning. Was using a Shimano Symetre 500FJ with 4lb braid but its way better than that. My missies is going to use my old reel now. lol

toygtr

Post by toygtr » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:55 pm

Symetre was a awesome reel too tho.
The Biomaster is smoother reel, but I have also upgraded the handle bush to a bearing and the drag to a carbon fibre one too. Made the reel ever better than standard. Sooo much smoother in operation and drag.

toygtr

Post by toygtr » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:57 pm

Love modifying and tinkering with my reels. Should see my 18000 and 14000 Spheroses. lol Changed a bit in them.

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Post by ChrisD » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:34 am

some good quality fish - well done

MrI-fish

Post by MrI-fish » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:47 am

My waders are coming and so are my holidays. Big trout look out. Still surprised we didn't snare any in Noojee though. Next time for sure.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2

shaynebennett

Post by shaynebennett » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:33 pm

Great work mate. Awesome day out it would seem
If only I could fish more

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:35 pm

nice fish !!!
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

WyldFisher

Post by WyldFisher » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:48 pm

Good stuff bud!

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:30 pm

MrI-fish wrote:My waders are coming and so are my holidays. Big trout look out. Still surprised we didn't snare any in Noojee though. Next time for sure.

I went for a drive today with the missus and boy. Pulled into noojee and I had the briefest of flicks into the latrobe rive near the playground. What an awesome waterway. I didn't have high hopes and I didn't pull any fish but its a great looking river. I need to spend a day around those parts.

rixter

Post by rixter » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:24 pm

ducky wrote:
MrI-fish wrote:My waders are coming and so are my holidays. Big trout look out. Still surprised we didn't snare any in Noojee though. Next time for sure.

I went for a drive today with the missus and boy. Pulled into noojee and I had the briefest of flicks into the latrobe rive near the playground. What an awesome waterway. I didn't have high hopes and I didn't pull any fish but its a great looking river. I need to spend a day around those parts.
Yeah it's an awesome area Ducky. Lots of Rivers around this area all within around half an hour max from each other.
Not to far to the west of Noojee you have the Yarra junction/Ada River , In Noojee and east and west out of Noojee the Latrobe river .
Around 15 minutes out of Noojee to the east you have the Tooronga river ,and the Tooronga Falls , great area for a day out, or to camp free at the base of the falls and fish.
A bit more to the east about another 25 minutes of Noojee you have the Tanjil River , Tyers River , Blue Rock Dam , Big Thompson River and other local rivers around Walhalla / also another area for a great family day out and to do some fishing.

I'm going to go and hit the Thompson River really soon , check out what the fishing is like at the moment. If all is good I may look at organising a weekend out around there for anyone interested maybe. Huge free camping area along the Thompson river around 'Horseshoe Bend' with a great area to fish . Only 10 minitues away from the town of Walhalla in case anyone is not keen on camping . There is some cheap nice accommodation around Walhalla if your into that.

Anyway , I'll get up there soon and get back with a report on the fishing up there.

Cheers , Rick.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

Return to “Yarra Valley and surrounds”