Yarra @ Millgrove 22nd Sept

ChrisD
Has liked: 4 times

Yarra @ Millgrove 22nd Sept

Post by ChrisD » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:48 pm

With blue skies, high barometer and warm weather today I could hear the fishing rod calling.....been a long Winter break and I was itching to get out fishing today. So dug up some worms, packed the car and headed for Millgrove.
The Yarra was looking good and I had high hopes for a fish or two.........how quickily those hopes were dashed.
Spent two hours soaking worms, across multiple sections of river with only a couple of very small bites.
Decided to give SP's a go, flicked for another hour, managed to lose 6 SP's, and still no fish to show for it.
Had to head home at that stage. No fish but was better than spending 3 hours sitting around doing nothing.
With the three day weekend coming up, will hopefully get back out and rectify the lack of fish from today's trip.

Remove these ads.

Lightningx
Has liked: 26 times

Re: Yarra @ Millgrove 22nd Sept

Post by Lightningx » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:17 am

Hopefully some more luck next time mate!

Texas
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Texas » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:34 pm

You'll come good
Try a mepps black fury (?), they work in Tassie
Cheers Gra

April Fool
Has liked: 157 times

Post by April Fool » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:03 pm

Things have been very spasmodic here in Shepparton Chris. People say it will get better when it warms up! In previous years (going back a while) I have caught yellas, redfin and carp right through winter. Numbers caught dwindle a fair bit at times but you still get fish in winter. I am not sure why it is so slow now.
Cheers
Jim

ChrisD
Has liked: 4 times

Post by ChrisD » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:27 pm

Thanks Guys
Not too concerned - it was only the first trip out for the season
As the weather warms and the river flow slow, I have no doubt I will get back on to them again :-D

Truedogz
Has liked: 19 times

Post by Truedogz » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:49 pm

ChrisD wrote:No fish but was better than spending 3 hours sitting around doing nothing.
Totally agree Chris. I haven't been able to wet a line for months due to work. The Yarra will fire up shortly.
April Fool wrote:Things have been very spasmodic here in Shepparton Chris. People say it will get better when it warms up! In previous years (going back a while) I have caught yellas, redfin and carp right through winter. Numbers caught dwindle a fair bit at times but you still get fish in winter. I am not sure why it is so slow now.
We have had a lot of cold mornings Jim so that could be a factor. The yellas are starting to move. Spoke to a chap at work tonight who got some good ones out of the river on the weekend, the best about 5 pounds.

Best Wishes

Truedogz

Remove these ads.

bradp
Has liked: 10 times

Post by bradp » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:00 am

I was up at Millgrove on Saturday arvo. I found it tough going also, only landed one small brown and dropped another.

Had a mate hit the Warburton area on Sunday. He caught quite a few trout and believes the fish were fired up because of the rain we had overnight.

Return to “Yarra Valley and surrounds”