Donuts on the Yarra at Wonga Park last night

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Donuts on the Yarra at Wonga Park last night

Post by ChrisD » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:53 am

It was too hot to stay home last night, so headed up to Wonga park to hit the Yarra. Decide I had not been to Wittons Reserve in a year or more so was time to try it again.
As expected when I got there there were people everywhere cooling off in the river - so I heads off over the bridge and up river to get away from them.
Tried a number of spots, moving round looking for anything....even a carp.....worms and corn as bait. Tried running sinker, paternoster rig and even bait under a float.
Unfortunately could not even manage a nibble, let alone a bite or hook up. Overall was a disappointing trip out, although it was a bit cooler by the water and I did watch a wallaby on the other bank for a while.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Donuts on the Yarra at Wonga Park last night

Post by Lightningx » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:15 pm

ChrisD wrote:It was too hot to stay home last night, so headed up to Wonga park to hit the Yarra. Decide I had not been to Wittons Reserve in a year or more so was time to try it again.
As expected when I got there there were people everywhere cooling off in the river - so I heads off over the bridge and up river to get away from them.
Tried a number of spots, moving round looking for anything....even a carp.....worms and corn as bait. Tried running sinker, paternoster rig and even bait under a float.
Unfortunately could not even manage a nibble, let alone a bite or hook up. Overall was a disappointing trip out, although it was a bit cooler by the water and I did watch a wallaby on the other bank for a while.
Better luck next time mate! That's just how fishing goes. I have had many nights like that as well over the years...

Return to “Yarra Valley and surrounds”