2016 Yarra river carp cull!!

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

2016 Yarra river carp cull!!

Post by BIG GAV » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:52 am

Preparing for this next event!! Looking to fish around the same time as the last event mid march open to date suggestions..

As per last years event there will be a BBQ at the weigh in and prizes for biggest carp, biggest bag and maybe a mystery weight n smallest fish depending on how well I go getting tackle stores to sponsor the event.

I was also considering giving the profits to TTTAF though I don't know who runs that or if they use this forum..

Open to new ideas and suggestions

Entry fee: $5
Last year was a success with approximately 20 entries and two forum members took home some prizes!

Gav
If I'm not fishing, I'd rather be fishing!

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Re: 2016 Yarra river carp cull!!

Post by 4liters » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:53 pm

Cool!

Will this just involve regular carp or will the spotted and rainbow carp be eligible too?
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:58 pm

All carp from the Yarra eligible Ian. Won't be doing yourself any favours by weighing in a trout tho lmao!

If this event improves from last year I'll have to have a plan ready for the aftermath.. The last comp stink stained my bin for months!!
If I'm not fishing, I'd rather be fishing!

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:17 pm

You might find there are some 'friends of the Yarra' conservation groups who would be happy to see a bunch of carp get wiped out and might be willing to chip in with a small prize or something. They'd all be not-for-profit organisations so it would be huge, but they might be worth looking into for random entries like smallest fish.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Return to “Yarra Valley and surrounds”