Yarra River and Plenty River - Montmorency 03/10/15

arabshark

Yarra River and Plenty River - Montmorency 03/10/15

Post by arabshark » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:19 pm

Headed out originally to the Yarra with Big Gav and Trebalzzz to see what the river could produce at around 8:30am.
Gav had the Midas touch and pulled in a good carp and nice eel. We headed off to the Plenty river to hit up some more carp and eels and Gav managed another eel.

Then just before the grand final was about to start, the other boys decided to fish on, and I headed back to my car, but I decided to give our first spot another quick cast in the hope of at least having a bite or a hookup. About 5 minutes after my first cast I hooked a big eel with a lot of pull. I couldn't get him to surface and before I knew it, SNAP I forgot to set my drag!!! Anyways, at least I had a bit of fight and got my fishing fix, but had to drive to folks place in Templestowe to watch the game as a compromise.

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Re: Yarra River and Plenty River - Montmorency 03/10/15

Post by BIG GAV » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:35 pm

We headed back to the Yarra for a little more action I got one good size carp 10lb and trebalzzz hooked up and his reel just screamed n before he knew it he was snagged we went back to the Yarra via the bottles shop ;) coldies worked a treat!
If I'm not fishing, I'd rather be fishing!

arabshark

Re: Yarra River and Plenty River - Montmorency 03/10/15

Post by arabshark » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:59 am

Nice one bruvva. Wish I was there to witness the scream!!!

Return to “Yarra Valley and surrounds”