Fishmagnet's Carp and Redfin Thread

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Re: Fishmagnet's Carp and Redfin Thread

Post by BIG GAV » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:42 am

Nope not to my knowledge anyway, it's always been carp in my books.. Maybe to a Saltwater fisho
If I'm not fishing, I'd rather be fishing!

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:45 am

4liters wrote:I thought a mud marlin was an eagle ray.
What Gav said!
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:20 am

Yep what gav said
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

fishmagnet

Post by fishmagnet » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:41 pm

fished the plenty this arvo with forum member and good mate Jason (Jason.Tanti) not convinced that we had culled all the carp in there in our previous efforts last sunday... so we agreed to meet at 2 at an unknown location on the plenty.

the first spot we tried... nothing. the wind made it very hard to fish in but we were persistent and decided to keep trying so we changed spots...

the second spot we tried was a bit more sheltered from the wind which made it a bit easier to fish but unfortunately was very snaggy unlike the last spot. after around half an hour in this spot Jason finally had a hit and hooked up! the fish put up a fair fight for its size and tried to make its way into the snags but Jason manoeuvred him away from it and soon after landed a nice carp!
image-51.jpg
but after we landed that carp the spot went quiet so another move was in order... we where going to go further up the river and try a spot Jason's fished before up there but on our way we saw a very fishy spot so we figured it can't hurt to give it a crack and so we did. and boy did it pay off...

burleyed up a bit, set our rods and then waited. soon we saw jasons rod buckle and the tip touch the water! so he jumped on it and set the hook,he plays the fish and then i net it. it turned out to be a nice 56cm carp.
image-53.jpg
after we measure the carp we went to put it out of its misery and deal with it humanely, as we're doing that Jason says to me "i think you might be on, i think i can hear line coming off your reel." so i race down back to where our rods are and sure enough, line was being pulled from the reel and the line was parallel to the water. set the hook, play it out it and jason nets it. another nice carp! soon later jasons on again, and the same process occurs... fight, net, dispose.

within the space of an hour we had currently caught 7 good size between us (me 4 jason 3) it went quiet for a little until i noticed a little tap tap on my rod, just a small one i thought as all the others had just buckled the rod and taken off with it. anyway, i wait till it bites again then i strike! it absolutely screams off and tries to take me into a snag my line was near, i somehow managed to turn its head away from the snag and started to bring it towards me. not long after jason and i see the fish and realised how big it was, i played it out till it was lying on the surface so we had an easy net shot but as soon as the net touched it it went bezerk! went on another big run and was jumping everywhere but we soon had another net shot and this time, we got it.

i knew it would be close to my PB and it actually beat it, only by 1cm but still. it was also a very fat fish and i believe it weighed around 3kg... we where spewing the fishing couldn't of been like this last Sunday!
image-58.jpg
image-55.jpg
image-56.jpg
image-57.jpg
image-54.jpg
Jason also got a big turtle!
image-60.jpg
the end result of today
image-59.jpg
Cheers Sam

BIG GAV

Post by BIG GAV » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:48 pm

Great report Sam good work! Those carp would be great fun on ur daiwa! I am gonna chase a few carp tomorrow as my daiwa is back in action

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:04 pm

Well done fellas :thumbsup:
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

muzza43
Has liked: 104 times

Post by muzza43 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:17 am

Great effort guys, would have been an excellent result last sunday. Cheers muzza43.

fishmagnet

Post by fishmagnet » Sat May 02, 2015 7:31 pm

one more from today with Jason.Tanti
image.jpg

BIG GAV

Post by BIG GAV » Sat May 02, 2015 7:56 pm

Carp killers!! I will get back on the plenty soon, very keen to chase the winter cod tho so many fish so little time

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Sat May 02, 2015 10:18 pm

Nice effort Sam. Do you fish much after dark? I seem to do most of my fishing after dark now.
cheers
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Return to “Yarra Valley and surrounds”