Yarra at Yering tonight

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Yarra at Yering tonight

Post by ChrisD » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:15 pm

Managed to head out to the Yarra at Yering this evening, gave the new puppy her first fishing trip.
Managed a little mac perch and little redfin, ( neither were photo worthy) but were still nice to catch. Hung around for about an hour hoping to find their bigger versions.
Then a group of "fisherman" - and I use the term lightly, showed up - carrying on like tools - both the pup and I weren't feeling too comfortable with them near by so decide to call it a night. It was a bit of a pity as we had both settled in by that stage. Oh well better safe then sorry.
Hopefully get back up there again soon, I know there has to be bigger fish lurking among those snags.......
Attachments
DSCF1635a.jpg
DSCF1635a.jpg (58.48 KiB) Viewed 755 times

deathray
Has liked: 8 times

Re: Yarra at Yering tonight

Post by deathray » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:25 pm

Nice report Chris, sure does look pretty snaggy. In fact looks like more snags than water!

ChrisD

Post by ChrisD » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:48 am

The section through Yering is very snaggy and narrow - careful casting is a must.
Bank access is also not the best - all adds up for some good potential if you can get into the right spot.

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:52 am

Pity about the morons! Looks like a challenging location (with the snags) to fish!
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

ChrisD

Post by ChrisD » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:41 am

Yes would have been nice to have hung around till dark - but I just didn't feel safe with the way they were carrying on. Probably would have been OK, but wasn't going to risk it.
Lost many lures and rigs along this stretch to the snags, but I keep thinking there can't be that many snags without there being some decent fish - so the spot keeps drawing me back.

Return to “Yarra Valley and surrounds”