yarrambat lake 26/9

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Re: yarrambat lake 26/9

Post by meppstas » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:42 pm

Kev209 wrote:Hi Sam,
Your young brother will always remember who helped him catch his first fish. Something to be proud of mate.
Couldn't agree more, well done Sam and good to see your young brother enjoyed the moment... :a_goodjob:
The look on his face tells it all.. :clap:
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

fishmagnet

Post by fishmagnet » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:13 pm

Ocelot wrote:Can you also describe the rig, I used a hook connected to a swivel which is connected to main line. A bean sinker above the swivel which allows the trout nugget to be buoyant
6lb mono main line down to as small of a ball sinker as you can use on the day. then as small of a rolling barrel swivel as you can find (these work better then your normal swivels) then about a meter of 4lb fluorocarbon line down to a size 8 mosquito hook. when you use powerbait only use half a nugget.

Ocelot

Post by Ocelot » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:41 pm

fishmagnet wrote:
Ocelot wrote:Can you also describe the rig, I used a hook connected to a swivel which is connected to main line. A bean sinker above the swivel which allows the trout nugget to be buoyant
6lb mono main line down to as small of a ball sinker as you can use on the day. then as small of a rolling barrel swivel as you can find (these work better then your normal swivels) then about a meter of 4lb fluorocarbon line down to a size 8 mosquito hook. when you use powerbait only use half a nugget.
DougieK wrote:Catching stockies i've had great success on pink powerbait, 1 metre or so under a quill float with a single split shot 20cm from the hook, smallest possible hook I think i've used size 10 suicide and size 14 mosquito hooks.
Cheers :thumbsup:

Return to “Yarra Valley and surrounds”