Newbies

The Fishing Victoria Forum is Australia's leading online fishing forum with comprehensive resources for Victorian fishermen, anglers and fishos. Check out the latest fishing & tackle news, tips, fishing reports and detailed fish information.
steveelea

Newbies

Post by steveelea » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:08 am

Hi Everyone......We (myself Leanne,hubby Steve and kids) are all new to fishing and trying to learn as much as we can.
We had great fun out on the bay over cup weekend and caught loads of small fish so catch and release but was fun for the kids (annoying for us though).....we did manage to catch some salmon and a banjo shark in with all the flathead which was cool.
We have been out and about down Dromana/Mount Martha way again with not too much luck over January until we went out and caught 4 good size pinkies which was exciting for us so its a start. Ahhhh such newbies LOL
It was just me that was addicted to fishing to start with, but I think that I am slowly but surely bringing the rest of the family around to my way of thinking!!!!
We are heading back down to Mount Martha area again this weekend so looking forward to seeing what we can catch (if anything)
Anyway we will have fun reading through all the posts learning as much as we can

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: Newbies

Post by bowl » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:10 am

:welcome:
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:30 am

Hi Guys,

I'm fairly new to bait fishing, the key seems to be fresh bait and the right conditions.

I've been to Mt Martha a bit recently. Best conditions are south westerly wind, hightide near sunset or sunrise, rising barometer. Fresh bait.

Yesterday I had a really good battle with what i guess was a salmon on a 40g metal lure off the rocks at the end of hearns road, didn't land it but was good fun.

You can find some great reports and lots of information here viewforum.php?f=138" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

steveelea

Post by steveelea » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:23 am

Thanks guys
Yeah fresh bait but I gotta catch it first LOL
Maybe peninsula tackle would sell ok bait to try with??
Am going to mix it up with bait and lures/sqigy things and see what the best results are.
My sister inlaw always has great results with her lures but I never seem to

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:01 pm

Welcome aboard!
cheers
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

SFP Chick

Post by SFP Chick » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:37 pm

Hi Leanne & welcome :-)

You can't go past bait from the retail seafood suppliers. Changes the game entirely. Beats the sh#t outa anything purchased anywhere else. :grin:

Oh, & welcome to the 20% off club too :grin::grin:

Cheers Amanda

nhillboy

Post by nhillboy » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:02 pm

:welcome2: to the site Leanne and family :welcome2:... My Gal Martha is a great place for fishing and when she is hot, she is HOT!!! :cheers: and good luck...

Return to “Welcome to Fishing Victoria”