The Fishing Victoria Forum is Australia's leading online fishing forum with comprehensive resources for Victorian fishermen, anglers and fishos. Check out the latest fishing & tackle news, tips, fishing reports and detailed fish information.
Tomcat1

Re: New Member

Post by Tomcat1 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:42 pm

welcome to the forum mate. i have caught nice bream from a few of the local piers. from black rock to mornington. just using a soft plastic to jig around the pylons. my best soft plastic lure for them seems to be a 3 inch curl tail grub. i have caught a few on paddle tail plastics to but the curl tails seem to be the best. i have also caught them jigging around the pylons with metal slug lures like the ones people use for salmon. but i always put a single hook on them and just take the trebles off. good luck mate hope you catch lots. glad to hear someone else that releases some fish. i always keep a few for a feed but i have either given away or released way more than i ever keep.

Fishn104

Post by Fishn104 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:43 pm

Welcome to the site mate.
FISHING AWAKENS THE SOUL!!

Fishing Victoria Comp SPEC1516. Total: 326cm
FRESH:
Redfin 44cm. Yellow belly 39cm. Carp 81cm. Rainbow trout 33cm.

SALT: mullet 38cm. Trevally 43cm. KG Whiting 28cm. Squid 20cm.

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:53 am

G'day and welcome Matt, cheers davo :thumbsup:
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Pupp

Post by Pupp » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:38 am

Catfish78 wrote:Hi All,

Just joined the forum today and looking forward to wetting a line after moving from Brisbane.
Currently living in the melton area and looking for somewhere not too far away that I can do some Bream fishing can anyone give me some advice on a place to start?

Cheers
Matt
:thumbsup:

I don't know about the fishing but I can highly recommend Melton cafe kebab on high st !! Best kebab joint I have ever been to in my entire life

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:18 am

:welcome: to the site Matt
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

Return to “Welcome to Fishing Victoria”