All be careful so sad what happened ladt night

The Fishing Victoria Forum is Australia's leading online fishing forum with comprehensive resources for Victorian fishermen, anglers and fishos. Check out the latest fishing & tackle news, tips, fishing reports and detailed fish information.
smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: All be careful so sad what happened ladt night

Post by smile0784 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:12 am

Bayrock wrote:
Bayrock wrote:1000 lumen head torch and sharp knife. I have an excellent knowledge of anatomy. Quick stab to the femoral or swipe over the brachial artery and said assailant quickly loses their appetite for violence. Used to carry a 9mm Beretta in South Africa for protection fishing at night. Not an option here but anglers use knives.
Never turn your back on a stranger, even if they seem harmless. Assume the worst and be alert and ready to act.

Deal with the fallout later.
I think it all comes down to force that is not disproportionate to the objective.

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:14 am

Found what i memt explained better

CRIMES ACT 1958 - SECT 462A
Use of force to prevent the commission of an indictable offence
A person may use such force not disproportionate to the objective as he believes on reasonable grounds to be necessary to prevent the commission, continuance or completion of an indictable offence or to effect or assist in effecting the lawful arrest of a person committing or suspected of committing any offence.

ante552

Post by ante552 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:13 am

Bayrock wrote:1000 lumen head torch and sharp knife. I have an excellent knowledge of anatomy. Quick stab to the femoral or swipe over the brachial artery and said assailant quickly loses their appetite for violence. Used to carry a 9mm Beretta in South Africa for protection fishing at night. Not an option here but anglers use knives.
Never turn your back on a stranger, even if they seem harmless. Assume the worse and be alert and ready to act.

Id hate to upset you :)

Bayrock
Has liked: 34 times

Post by Bayrock » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:03 pm

smile0784 wrote:
Bayrock wrote:
Never turn your back on a stranger, even if they seem harmless. Assume the worst and be alert and ready to act.

I think it all comes down to force that is not disproportionate to the objective.
That's right.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:14 pm

ante552 wrote:
Never turn your back on a stranger, even if they seem harmless. Assume the worse and be alert and ready to act.

Was joking about carrying a knife if I have to arm myself with more than a rod reel and other fishing equipment to go fishing it’s time to either fish elsewhere at safer hours or fill my time doing something else. Lucky I don’t think it will come to that for me as I’m not a suburban based angler.

Self defence is one thing murderous self defence methods are not acceptable.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:26 pm

rb85 wrote:
ante552 wrote:

Was joking about carrying a knife if I have to arm myself with more than a rod reel and other fishing equipment to go fishing it’s time to either fish elsewhere at safer hours or fill my time doing something else. Lucky I don’t think it will come to that for me as I’m not a suburban based angler.

Self defence is one thing murderous self defence methods are not acceptable.
Just fish with a Van Staal and use it to club ***** to death if they try and go you
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:43 pm

That’s it mate. I don’t have time for these losers...

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:02 pm

I think everyone should just fish and be merry

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:30 pm

Agree but with crazed caucasian criminals attacking innocent Burmese Aussie fishos who can be merry.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:33 pm

That’s very true I was going to say something along the same lines...hard to be merry when these undesirables are around...

Return to “Welcome to Fishing Victoria”