Snapper at docklands

The Fishing Victoria Forum is Australia's leading online fishing forum with comprehensive resources for Victorian fishermen, anglers and fishos. Check out the latest fishing & tackle news, tips, fishing reports and detailed fish information.
LINwAd

Re: Snapper at docklands

Post by LINwAd » Sat May 05, 2018 8:02 pm

pt75 wrote:I know people will have a go but seriously, the minute fish are seen in an area like Docklands does it mean it has to be posted on social media for 300 people to go and catch them. Let them spawn or do what they have to do. You might as well go to a trout farm coz it’s literally the same thing.
Different if your out and see school of salmon in the ocean. You cast out and try your luck. Or you go out from a pier or rocks chasing reds. Don’t just drop a bait in the fishes face.
Greedy people.
Make sure you don't chuck a line in where there is a chance of catching a fish......
LandFishTV creator - https://www.youtube.com/landfishtv/ Enjoy! :water:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat May 05, 2018 9:41 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:Bagged out tonight but NOT from docklands.
Lucky bugger
it's not luck....it's talent :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: . Others who cant cast far enough got donuts. LOL :-)

To shae

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat May 05, 2018 9:51 pm

pt75 wrote:I know people will have a go but seriously, the minute fish are seen in an area like Docklands does it mean it has to be posted on social media for 300 people to go and catch them. Let them spawn or do what they have to do. You might as well go to a trout farm coz it’s literally the same thing.
Different if your out and see school of salmon in the ocean. You cast out and try your luck. Or you go out from a pier or rocks chasing reds. Don’t just drop a bait in the fishes face.
Greedy people.
If its all legal nothing you can do about it and if it was a.problem the greenies would have petitioned the govermant to make it a marine santuary.

So going by your theory you can catch reds which are mostly either on the way in or out of the bay for breeding so eliminating the breaders so they cant spawn.

Makes real sense not....

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sun May 06, 2018 11:26 am

Greedy people.
I think I saw you there Phil. You bagged out in less that 30 min. Double headers on paternoster rigs. :-)

barwonboy

Post by barwonboy » Sun May 06, 2018 5:02 pm

im thinking of heading to docklands on tuesday for a fish and ill get there around 5:30-6:00 am. just wondering which baits and lures i should try. ive got pilchards and squid for bait and ive got a nice assortment of plastics so far

LINwAd

Post by LINwAd » Sun May 06, 2018 5:11 pm

barwonboy wrote:im thinking of heading to docklands on tuesday for a fish and ill get there around 5:30-6:00 am. just wondering which baits and lures i should try. ive got pilchards and squid for bait and ive got a nice assortment of plastics so far
Most people were catching more on lures then bait, with the most popular being a curly tail soft plastic in motor oil colour.

I caught all mine with a size 1, 1/8 jig head teamed with a munroes soft plastics 2.5 inch curly tail in the caviar colour.

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Sun May 06, 2018 5:49 pm

LINwAd wrote:
Greedy people.
Make sure you don't chuck a line in where there is a chance of catching a fish......
ha dont worry about it all the people i give the heads up are thankfull

LINwAd

Post by LINwAd » Sun May 06, 2018 7:36 pm

Don't really know how to attach this image, but this is the average size being pulled out on lures (someone post image if you can, on phone ATM)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 8220671198

Marty.A

Post by Marty.A » Sun May 06, 2018 7:51 pm

LINwAd wrote:Don't really know how to attach this image, but this is the average size being pulled out on lures (someone post image if you can, on phone ATM)

No probs done.

Attachments
31939543_1962511670745184_7655575954382651392_n.jpg
31939543_1962511670745184_7655575954382651392_n.jpg (6.36 KiB) Viewed 1668 times

LINwAd

Post by LINwAd » Sun May 06, 2018 7:55 pm

Marty.A wrote:
LINwAd wrote:Don't really know how to attach this image, but this is the average size being pulled out on lures (someone post image if you can, on phone ATM)

No probs done.

Cheers man

Return to “Welcome to Fishing Victoria”