Roxburgh park lake trout?

The Fishing Victoria Forum is Australia's leading online fishing forum with comprehensive resources for Victorian fishermen, anglers and fishos. Check out the latest fishing & tackle news, tips, fishing reports and detailed fish information.
AllNamesUnavailable

Roxburgh park lake trout?

Post by AllNamesUnavailable » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:27 pm

hey guys,
sorry to be coming here with another question but im planning to head down to roxburgh park lake but i cant find out which lake holds the trout that ive heard of. ive heard that it is somewhere near a food store?! by and elderly man but there is plenty of lakes i roxburgh but i cant find which one holds trout. ive read on the fisheries website that 'roxburgh park lakes' has been recently stocked fr the school holidays but when i search it up it doesnt show a specific lake or the location.
just a little question that i hope you guys dont mind clearing up for me.

cheers once again,
Dean :water:

GregExplores
Has liked: 67 times

Re: Roxburgh park lake trout?

Post by GregExplores » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:23 pm

AllNamesUnavailable wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:27 pm
hey guys,
sorry to be coming here with another question but im planning to head down to roxburgh park lake but i cant find out which lake holds the trout that ive heard of. ive heard that it is somewhere near a food store?! by and elderly man but there is plenty of lakes i roxburgh but i cant find which one holds trout. ive read on the fisheries website that 'roxburgh park lakes' has been recently stocked fr the school holidays but when i search it up it doesnt show a specific lake or the location.

cheers once again,
Hi, Have you found out which lake it was yet? i might write to the fisheries and ask

Charles7
Has liked: 98 times

Post by Charles7 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:58 pm

Hi mate, it's called Lake Mcivor on Google Maps (on Lakeside Drive). I inboxed fisheries on Facebook and they sent me a screenshot of a map with the lake highlighted

GregExplores

Post by GregExplores » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:57 pm

Charles7 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:58 pm
Hi mate, it's called Lake Mcivor on Google Maps (on Lakeside Drive). I inboxed fisheries on Facebook and they sent me a screenshot of a map with the lake highlighted
Thanks mate! :-D Do you know if the lake is clean enough to keep a fish from? it is pretty close to me but i don't know if it is clean or not...

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:21 pm

GregExplores wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:57 pm
Charles7 wrote:
Thanks mate! :-D Do you know if the lake is clean enough to keep a fish from? it is pretty close to me but i don't know if it is clean or not...
Why would you risk it? You can get trout for $8 a Kilo from a trout farm. Just have some fun and catch and release so you can keep going back and catching fish in the future..

Anth

GregExplores

Post by GregExplores » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:03 am

Sinsemilla wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:21 pm
GregExplores wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:57 pm
Charles7 wrote:
Why would you risk it? You can get trout for $8 a Kilo from a trout farm. Just have some fun and catch and release so you can keep going back and catching fish in the future..

Anth
Makes sense, Thanks mate :-D

Marie60

Post by Marie60 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:33 am

GregExplores wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:23 pm
hey guys,
sorry to be coming here with another question but im planning to head down to roxburgh park lake but i cant find out which lake holds the trout that ive heard of. ive heard that it is obtenir prêt somewhere near a food store?! by and elderly man but there is plenty of lakes i roxburgh but i cant find which one holds trout. ive read on the fisheries website that 'roxburgh park lakes' has been recently stocked fr the school holidays but when i search it up it doesnt show a specific lake or the location.

cheers once again,
Hi, Have you found out which lake it was yet? i might write to the fisheries and ask
hello, very interesting, I would like opinions also if possible

GregExplores

Post by GregExplores » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:18 pm

Marie60 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:33 am
GregExplores wrote:
hey guys,
sorry to be coming here with another question but im planning to head down to roxburgh park lake but i cant find out which lake holds the trout that ive heard of. ive heard that it is obtenir prêt somewhere near a food store?! by and elderly man but there is plenty of lakes i roxburgh but i cant find which one holds trout. ive read on the fisheries website that 'roxburgh park lakes' has been recently stocked fr the school holidays but when i search it up it doesnt show a specific lake or the location.

cheers once again,
The lake is on lakeside drive roxburgh I think, all the others hold redfin. i wouldn't keep fish from there though because i don't know how clean it is.

Charles7
Has liked: 98 times

Post by Charles7 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:46 pm

GregExplores wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:18 pm
Marie60 wrote:
GregExplores wrote:
hey guys,

cheers once again,
The lake is on lakeside drive roxburgh I think, all the others hold redfin. i wouldn't keep fish from there though because i don't know how clean it is.
I personally wouldn't keep any fish I catch there, but it is classified as a family fishing lake and does get stocked with rainbow trout on the school holidays. They won't stock trout in places like Jack Roper Reserve and Ruffey Lake Park due to water quality issues so if they are stocking them in Roxy the water must be clean enough....

GregExplores

Post by GregExplores » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:00 pm

Charles7 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:46 pm
GregExplores wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:18 pm
Marie60 wrote:
GregExplores wrote:
hey guys,

cheers once again,
I personally wouldn't keep any fish I catch there, but it is classified as a family fishing lake and does get stocked with rainbow trout on the school holidays. They won't stock trout in places like Jack Roper Reserve and Ruffey Lake Park due to water quality issues so if they are stocking them in Roxy the water must be clean enough....
i wrote to someone on fishbrain and they said they had kept redfin from there. They said it is clean enough because otherwise the fisheries would not stock trout or cod in there. They said the redfin would also die quick if the water was contaminated

Return to “Welcome to Fishing Victoria”