Sounder

The Fishing Victoria Forum is Australia's leading online fishing forum with comprehensive resources for Victorian fishermen, anglers and fishos. Check out the latest fishing & tackle news, tips, fishing reports and detailed fish information.
Joker91
Has liked: 111 times

Re: Sounder

Post by Joker91 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:35 pm

My biggest regret is buying my sounder. I still have absolutely no clue what's going on with it

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:37 pm

Concentrate on finding structure drop offs, reefs, bait balls etc. There is plenty of information on the net about how to operate whatever type of sounder you have then start playing around with the settings sensitivity,colour, scroll rate etc you will soon see the difference and start finding fish. You won't do any damage to the sounder and most have a factory reset to go back to standard settings

Frankb

Post by Frankb » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:14 pm

Why hasn't anyone come up with an affordable camera system where we can view a screen and when we see fish (10 kg+) we can just stop,anchor,throw a line,bag out and then go home. How good would that be. Just a silly thought Lol.

FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Post by FishnMiss » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:16 pm

Frankb wrote:Why hasn't anyone come up with an affordable camera system where we can view a screen and when we see fish (10 kg+) we can just stop,anchor,throw a line,bag out and then go home. How good would that be. Just a silly thought Lol.
Yep just for you mate:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/1717728 ... ue&viphx=1
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Post by FishnMiss » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:25 pm

Joker91 wrote:My biggest regret is buying my sounder. I still have absolutely no clue what's going on with it
What sounder did you get?
Does it have dual beam, quad beam, chirp, side scan etc?
The more you play with it the the easier it becomes.
If it's hard, start with your fish symbols but get off them as soon as you can as there is too much inaccuracy with them.
Once you got on top of it you'll wonder how you ever fished without it :-D
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:18 am

Someone I found useful was googling the name of my sounder, I found a site that talked about the settings for kayak fishing and since then I've seen a lot more stuff on mine. Not sure how much of it is just weed, but I do see arches now.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Return to “Welcome to Fishing Victoria”