Northern Territory Fishing Reports
Broomstick
Has liked: 2 times

Re: NT advice please

Post by Broomstick » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:00 am

piscateur wrote:HI Pat,
Join the NT Fishing Forum,
https://fishingterritory.com/?sid=66239 ... 1a6bca1879
Plenty of great blokes in there that will provide great advise and may even take u out.
Thanks mate, will do!

Broomstick

Post by Broomstick » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:00 am

greggo wrote:
Broomstick wrote:
greggo wrote:If you're able to alter your itinerary to travel the Savannah Way to Cairns, there's so much more to see...Lorella Springs is a MUST if you do.
The itinerary is very flexible, but it looks like Lorella Springs might be a bit iffy in a forrester?
Yeah...good point. If it's wet you'll definitely have trouble.

We went from Darwin to Cairns in May (dry) on dirt bikes. We rode a 60k section that had some rain, to say it was carnage would be an understatement! It took a full day for our 4wd backup to get through it...I shudder to think of a Forrester stuck in that.
Ah well, always next time!

Queasy

Post by Queasy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 pm

Plenty of great blokes in there that will provide great advise and may even take u out.
I'd have to second that. Wealth of knowledge. Thought I knew how to fish until I did a range of trips with other members from there, sometimes on my boat, sometimes on theirs, highlight being a 2 night/3 day voyage off the coast catching everything from tuna, macs, jewies,coral trout, red emperor and so on.

I won't bore you with the obvious, but its worth stopping off for a dip at Bitter Springs in Mataranka. You'll want a swim in October up there, and swimming holes are harder to find in Kakadu.

Also I imagine you'll turn off at Pine Creek, but if you did go a bit further up, a tour of Litchfield N.P. makes a nice relaxing day. Also, lesser known, are some good fishing holes there- PM me if you'd like details.

Kakadu land based, well, its not off the beaten track, back the old Cahill's Crossing is worth a cast. I caught me first barra there in short order.

Broomstick

Post by Broomstick » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:42 am

Queasy wrote:
I'd have to second that. Wealth of knowledge. Thought I knew how to fish until I did a range of trips with other members from there, sometimes on my boat, sometimes on theirs, highlight being a 2 night/3 day voyage off the coast catching everything from tuna, macs, jewies,coral trout, red emperor and so on.

I won't bore you with the obvious, but its worth stopping off for a dip at Bitter Springs in Mataranka. You'll want a swim in October up there, and swimming holes are harder to find in Kakadu.

Also I imagine you'll turn off at Pine Creek, but if you did go a bit further up, a tour of Litchfield N.P. makes a nice relaxing day. Also, lesser known, are some good fishing holes there- PM me if you'd like details.

Kakadu land based, well, its not off the beaten track, back the old Cahill's Crossing is worth a cast. I caught me first barra there in short order.
Thanks Queasy - will send you a pm.

Return to “Northern Territory”