mcbain

Re: Albany Salmon Hole

Post by mcbain » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:04 am

next time i go to see the in laws i'm taking my rods

rogs
Has liked: 1 time

Post by rogs » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:25 am

vinhii wrote:Yeah I couldn't believe it myself!!

Oh and p.s I bought the motorbike! Haha
Good Luck on your new motorbike Vinhii have a safe driving mate :thumbsup:

rogs

Post by rogs » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:30 am

Raulfc7 wrote:That's unbelievable Rogs top effort mate :a_goodjob:

Thanks RaulFc7...it was a very tiring effort "duel:

rogs

Post by rogs » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:36 am

Fish-cador wrote:he should have vac packed the thing, freeze it and used it in the 2015 salmon comp.
You have just given me an idea FC... :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Westfish

Post by Westfish » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:14 am

If you are going to go. Be careful.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-18/o ... es/6403082" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.westfish.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:59 am

Westfish wrote:If you are going to go. Be careful.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-18/o ... es/6403082" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Again, non-english speakers, again, massive swell...you could just put this story on repeat couldn't you..?
Pi55es me off royally, anglers get slammed for stupidity, when in reality, no angler in his or her right mind would fish an open ocean beach or low lying ledge in 2 or 3 metre plus swells..Dougie and I were down at the Schanck a few weeks ago, fished for half an hour, couple of naughty waves, then one big one, (which we were looking for very carefully), that was enough, out of there, no chances taken..it isn't rocket science, nor is it brain surgery, just weigh it up. Use swellnet, baywinds, willyweather, whatever, don't even leave the house if the conditions are dangerous.
I think, from his photos, Rogs fishes the beach, but I've seen a few videos of the rocks there, smooth, and sloping straight down into the briny..receipe for disaster in any sort of swell...

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:59 am

Westfish wrote:If you are going to go. Be careful.

So sad especially when free life jackets are on offer. That's slope in the picture looks pretty dangerous
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

Uluabuster

Post by Uluabuster » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:26 pm

I was right there when the first person got pulled up from the sea. My mate went in to grab him when the wave washed him up close enough for my mate to grab him. At that stage he was bobbing up and down the surface, face down.

When he was pulled up, people were giving him CPR but it was already too late. Bulging stomach from swallowing too much water and frothing at the mouth. His face was pale blue. The 2nd person is still missing as I pen this.

I was fishing at the beach when someone came over our group to ask if we had a phone to call the Police / Emergency Resuce as someone was washed off the rocks. Next moment I saw the first person bobbing up and down the waves. After he was pulled from the sea, the second person was spotted bobbing up and down, face down too. However, he was too far from shore and no one wanna risk his own life to pull him ashore. After a while, the 2nd person just disappeared in the white wash.

If you looked at Rog's pics, one of them show an very steep round rock - that's the killer rock. The waves that day was 6-7m high, it would be crazy to walk up the rock to fish, let alone fish without life jacket or tying oneself to the anchoring point erected by the authorities.

So in essence, my group rocked up at the beach at 6.50am and left at 7.30am. Didn't even catch anything all after 5 hour road trip the night before. We didn't fish the beach/rocks after that just chill at caravan park. Seeing a dead person before your eyes and reading up on the news are 2 entirely different things.

No fish is worth your life, what more a salmon which the pro netters in Albany whole-sale @ $0.50/ kilo to make fertilizer and catfood.

mcbain

Post by mcbain » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:59 am

Im heading over there to see the inlaws at easter thanks for sharing the information. It seems to be a very treacherous place to fish. Ill be packing my LJ for sure

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:29 pm

Yes very sobering
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Return to “Western Australia”