Albany Salmon Hole

Western Australia Fishing Reports
rogs
Has liked: 1 time

Albany Salmon Hole

Post by rogs » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:30 am

Hi guys i'm thinking of heading farther west (not much luck in the east) and try to pull one of those 5kg+ sambos in Albany.
I'm pretty sure they are in season right now,anybody been there lately that can give me some tips and ideas how to
wrestle those big ones. :woohoo:

Thanks Guys

Cheers
rogs

CarlG

Re: Albany Salmon Hole

Post by CarlG » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:58 am

I'm hearing ya Rogs...the wife has some family in Perth, so a trip over there is on the cards..would love to hit up Albany...

rogs

Post by rogs » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:08 pm

CarlG wrote:I'm hearing ya Rogs...the wife has some family in Perth, so a trip over there is on the cards..would love to hit up Albany...

Let's pack up now CarlG and nailed those sambos i wonder how jealous FC will be :wall:
The problem is its hard to find even a tent space to camp with.in Albany. Some family in Perth as well
and travelling another 4-5 hrs by car is another pain. :r

rogs

Post by rogs » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:30 pm

CarlG wrote:I'm hearing ya Rogs...the wife has some family in Perth, so a trip over there is on the cards..would love to hit up Albany...
Finally made up my mind CarlG, i've just booked my flight to Perth on Monday and be backed tue after easter.
Are you sure you're not coming :) ?.. Any tips before i go you people are the master Gurus. I'm only good in bait soaking
but keen to learn to spin. I hope i can give a good result to share in the forum when i'm back.

cheers,

rogs

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:34 pm

rogs wrote:

Let's pack up now CarlG and nailed those sambos i wonder how jealous FC will be :wall:
The problem is its hard to find even a tent space to camp with.in Albany. Some family in Perth as well
Lol...did 6 hours in Raco's car for 1 salmon and 1 couta over a weekend at greencape, so 4 or 5 for a chance at salmon like that is not a problem..

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:02 pm

rogs wrote:

:tease:

Who needs salmon when the 7Gs are hitting hard. :super:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:10 pm

CarlG wrote:
rogs wrote:

Lol...did 6 hours in Raco's car for 1 salmon and 1 couta over a weekend at greencape, so 4 or 5 for a chance at salmon like that is not a problem..
Bahaha bahaha. It was great wasn't it. :rofl:
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

vikodin

Post by vikodin » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:38 pm

The South coast is one of the easiest places to catch them on a metal lures, plastics or bait.
All the way along the coast there are rock vantage points and the clearest water you will ever see, so just look for them and sight cast them, they are easy to spot in that crystal clear water from the rocks.

But there are many better species to target there ;) .

hangsta*

Post by hangsta* » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:38 pm

thats 12 carl dont forget the return trip

rogs

Post by rogs » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:43 pm

vikodin wrote:The South coast is one of the easiest places to catch them on a metal lures, plastics or bait.
All the way along the coast there are rock vantage points and the clearest water you will ever see, so just look for them and sight cast them, they are easy to spot in that crystal clear water from the rocks.

But there are many better species to target there ;) .
Thanks for the infos vidokin but where exactly is the south coast, are you talking about south of Albany?
What other species are they so i can prepare my set ups, rigs and baits?

cheers
rogs

Return to “Western Australia”