Trip to Albany

Western Australia Fishing Reports
Aaronvgp

Trip to Albany

Post by Aaronvgp » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:59 pm

Having a quick trip to Albany for my wife's best friends 30th. Some of her cousins came down from Perth to do some fishing with me. Yesterday we started at Middleton beach but we're very quickly interrupted by two whales playing about 70m offshore. So we moved a bit out of Albany to two people bay. One of my cousins caught a nice cod and a sergeant baker on a lure, then I had what I think might have been a kingfish just swallow my whole baby squid bait and head for open water. It was just stripping line of my reel so I tried adjusting the drag and it was still taking line then the line just gave way. Shattered. We caught a few small tailor after that before heading home for the night.
Today we decided to go to another beach close to where we were yesterday, little beach. Got there and there was a bit of wind and the odd brief sprinkle of rain. Well it was a good day as off the rocks we had some big salmon come through. They started by taking our lures but the rock held below where we were saw them cutting us off, so I quickly put ganged hooks on with whole Mulies and used them by casting out and winding back. Worked a treat. Awesome fighters and this is the biggest one at 72cm. Sorry it's not a great photo, I should have checked my little cousins work.
Heading to Cheyennes beach early in the morning for the day so hopefully more of the same.
Attachments
image.jpg

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Trip to Albany

Post by CarlG » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:51 pm

You lucky bugger Aaron...Albany is another big one on my list...some cracker fish there mate, well done.

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:05 pm

That's some nice places your wetting a line at mate with some good results :thumbsup:
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

skuxliss

Post by skuxliss » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:17 pm

Lucky bugger Azza! Good work on the catch. Got Albany on my list to tick off too! Good work mate

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:08 pm

Nice fish must get there one day

Aaronvgp

Post by Aaronvgp » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:37 pm

Today wasn't quite as exciting as yesterday. We went to Cheyenes beach and got some leather jackets, wrasse, a cod and this which I haven't been able to identify.

We then went back to little beach where we were yesterday and my cousin snagged himself an 83cm monster salmon.
Attachments
image.jpg

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:23 pm

Nice work, Pretty sure that's a zebra fish

Return to “Western Australia”