Noosa

Queensland Fishing Reports
mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Noosa

Post by mazman » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:22 pm

Hi guys I'm heading to noosa for a few days in december and was looking for advice on what to target and where to target them. would much prefer to use lures but i am happy to bait fish if that's all there is.
Thanks for any help
Cheers Alex
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

TrevKing

Re: Noosa

Post by TrevKing » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:37 pm

I'm jealous, its by far my favourite place to go for a holiday... :angry:

In the river you'll get bream, flatties, whiting, all the usual bread & butter species, along with a heap of good sports fish including various types of trevally, tarpon, jacks, ect... its such a big river system that it would take too long to list all of the good spots...but my advice would be to grab a copy of the 'Fishing Noosa' book, its available in a lot of stores up that way and you can also get it online. It has all the species, spots, techniques ect... I've found it really helpful. You should do really well on lures in the river, as most of the species I listed above are aggressive lure takers...anything works really but I've found prawn style plastics to be the most effective.

Fishing any of the beaches in the area will get you mainly bream, whiting, dart and garfish, probably the best place to catch a feed of fish landbased from my experiences. If you wade out on a calm day you can also sight cast the fish after berleying up, which is also a really fun way to catch them.

I've never fished the rocks around the headland but they catch some serious fish off them apparently.

My main advice would probably be to read the weekly reports on fishingnoosa.com, its a good way to learn about what lures people are using and where they're catching the fish.

Hope you get on to some good fish :a_goodjob:
2015 Goals -
-First Squid
-Trout on SP
-First Murray Cod
-Rainbow over 40cm
-Redfin over 40cm

alaskanaturally

Post by alaskanaturally » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:59 am

Thanks "mates!" See we're already becoming Aussies. This is great info for us as we intend to be in that area in March. Looking forward to it.
Martin and Ruta Outdoor Writers: Subsistence living, fishing, hunting, wild plant gathering, mushrooming, living off the grid.

sloth
Has liked: 6 times

Post by sloth » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:58 am

Any crocs in the river? Not being funny either - we holiday in that area too and I've never considered it for fishing the rivers due to the fact I wouldn't trust myself to not get totally focused on fishing and not keeping an eye out for snap-snaps

fishmagnet

Post by fishmagnet » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:12 am

sloth wrote:Any crocs in the river? Not being funny either - we holiday in that area too and I've never considered it for fishing the rivers due to the fact I wouldn't trust myself to not get totally focused on fishing and not keeping an eye out for snap-snaps

we used to holiday up there a lot. we've never seen a croc but it doesn't mean there not in there. but there's been no news reports or anything of crocs in the river. definitely worth to keep an eye out just in case. there is definitely bull sharks in there though, not big usually 1-1.5m but there are a lot bigger ones in there so keep an eye out again.

TrevKing

Post by TrevKing » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:56 pm

Nah it's too far south for crocs. But as fishmagnet said there's bull sharks in the system so I wouldn't recommend swimming.
2015 Goals -
-First Squid
-Trout on SP
-First Murray Cod
-Rainbow over 40cm
-Redfin over 40cm

Return to “Queensland”