Far SE South Aus

South Australia Fishing Reports
4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Far SE South Aus

Post by 4liters » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:51 pm

DougieK wrote:
Goonster, i'd freaking love too one day, probably not the place to learn. Cam said i could borrow his so I might square up a time to meet you somewhere and learn some basics.
Once I get it back I'll start letting you know about upcoming trips if you'd like. I assume the caddy has all the basic stuff like an anchor and sounder. Somewhere like Lang Lang or tenby point would be a nice easy introduction to wpb.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:08 pm

DougieK wrote:Should have specified, the Greek Goddess I met a little while back has a fully kitted out Patrol :) She's keen to get as far the f away from everyone as possible and is adept with a spin rod.

Goonster, i'd freaking love too one day, probably not the place to learn. Cam said i could borrow his so I might square up a time to meet you somewhere and learn some basics.

bull taht's exactly why I want to go there. I've seen some great results and some fantastic scenery, seems to be very little info anywhere on how to actually do it.
Sounds like you got it made then mate :thumbsup:

SFP Guy.

Post by SFP Guy. » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:16 pm

IMG_0287.JPG
Hi Dougie,

Sounds like Salt Creek is the place for you! Very isolated, 4X4 access only to the beach but having said that there is access to the beach about 20 minutes north of Kingston SE (Granites Rd) and a camping spot / Car Park right at the beach. This is accessible to any car.

The further north you go the better the fishing is though, hence most people cross in their 4X4's at 42 Mile Crossing (where I've crossed) or Tea Tree Crossing, which is a water crossing, last I heard there was about 6 inches of water in it!

In summer this place is HOT, VERY HOT and when it is hot during the day it can still get quite cold at night. There's no trees for shelter either so make sure the 4wd has an awning (ideal) or you have a decent size tent to seek shade. See my pics, I had tarps up and towels over the car windows.

Make sure you have a Fridge Freezer, two is ideal, one for food, the other bait if your going in hot weather, I won't be going back without one, my last trip I arrived on the Monday morning with shitloads of ice, solid and cubes and it was all gone by Thursday morning. A couple of 40 degree days didn't help!

It is a spectacular part of the country though and well worth the effort to get there and see for yourself. If you have any questions just fire away mate.
Attachments
IMG_0299a.jpg
IMG_0286.JPG
IMG_0280.JPG

SFP Guy.

Post by SFP Guy. » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:19 pm

Car park and Beach at Granites Rd, just north of Kingston SE.
Attachments
IMG_0267.JPG
IMG_0262.JPG
IMG_0261.JPG

SFP Guy.

Post by SFP Guy. » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:23 pm

More Pics...
Attachments
IMG_0294.JPG
IMG_0293.JPG
IMG_0292.JPG

SFP Guy.

Post by SFP Guy. » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:25 pm

The Salt flats behind the dunes...
Attachments
IMG_0276.JPG
IMG_0274.JPG
IMG_0271.JPG

FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Post by FishnMiss » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:03 pm

DougieK wrote: If I was buying a watercraft it'd be a hobie island adventure i think. Trimaran with the sail, looks like the way to do things to me.
Dougie based on your reports I reckon you'd Love the AI, especially the current model. I can absolutely see you chasing Pelagics offshore :a_goodjob:
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:28 pm

FishnMiss wrote:
DougieK wrote: If I was buying a watercraft it'd be a hobie island adventure i think. Trimaran with the sail, looks like the way to do things to me.
Dougie based on your reports I reckon you'd Love the AI, especially the current model. I can absolutely see you chasing Pelagics offshore :a_goodjob:
That's the way, plant the seed...
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:23 am

^ there is no need to plant any seeds. In my opinion it's the perfect fishing platform for my lifestyle. Just 5k plus probably another 2k for all the bits and pieces is pretty much out of the question for a while.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:24 am

Thanks for the response Cam, pretty much exactly what I was looking for.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Return to “South Australia”