Thinking of doing a tassie fishing trip.

Tasmania Fishing Reports
jessos1

Thinking of doing a tassie fishing trip.

Post by jessos1 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:41 am

Hey,

Me and a few mates where thinking of organising a fishing trip to Tasmania for a week or so maybe towards the end of the year, would probably fly over and hire a car unless we decide to take the boat but I'm sure hiring a car would be cheaper since my parents went over about 2 years ago. Just thinking what would be some lakes/rivers that are worth going for a fish at? I've seen a big map and there are so many to choose from I'm sure most are worth going to fish at but I just want to hear from people who have fished or live over there. And is the fishing really as good as what I've heard? If this trip goes well deffinatly will consider doing a New Zealand trip.

Cheers guys.
PB's (most are estimates no brag mat) Carp 40cm, Redfin 35cm, Silver Trevally 27cm, Eel 1m+, Mullet 25cm, Sand whiting 20cm.
Wish list: Rainbow and Brown Trout, Bigger Redfin, Gummy Shark, Estuary Perch and Snapper

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Re: Thinking of doing a tassie fishing trip.

Post by meppstas » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:38 am

Plenty of river and lakes that hold some very nice trout jessos. check out this site which will give you some insight to Trout Fishing here in Tassie..http://www.ifs.tas.gov.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Also as I have mentioned before FBT site in Tassie has some good reports and info on it as well...http://www.fishingboatingtasmania.com.a ... /index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
** I have written plenty of reports and placed them on this forum here (fishingvic) so check a few of them out they too may be of some help to you if you fish up north. I don't fish the lakes as there is too much water between the fish, plus it bores me to death. Rivers are much better to fish, well that's just my opinion any way.
cheers
Adrian
Last edited by meppstas on Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

SFP Chick

Post by SFP Chick » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:40 am

oh mate,

Tassie is beautiful. I can't wait to your pics.

Beware... you might not want to come home :grin:

Amanda

Sonic

Post by Sonic » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:55 pm

I love Tassie. Been over there many times.
Spent a week carving up the roads there, each time with a group of motorcyclist on 3 occasions. 3000km, 1 set of tyres @$650 a set :D

I was thinking the other day, "I should do a Tassie fishing trip one day".
A shitzu is a zoo with no animals :D

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:11 pm

Sonic wrote:I love Tassie. Been over there many times.
Spent a week carving up the roads there, each time with a group of motorcyclist on 3 occasions. 3000km, 1 set of tyres @$650 a set :D

Get a travel rod and combine it?

I went to launceston for work a couple of years ago. I didn't catch a fish but what an amazing place. Sweet water, great locals, good old style pubs. I'd love to take a campervan around all of tassy one day.

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:53 pm

ducky wrote:
Sonic wrote:I love Tassie. Been over there many times.

Get a travel rod and combine it?

I went to launceston for work a couple of years ago. I didn't catch a fish but what an amazing place. Sweet water, great locals, good old style pubs. I'd love to take a campervan around all of tassy one day.
You want to do it ducky, there's heaps of people travelling around here on a regular basis now with caravans, camper vans and motor homes. There are a lot of cost free areas all around the state to stay overnight instead of having to fork money out for a caravan park. I don't think it's over cheap to travel here on the boat though like it used to be.
cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Return to “Tasmania”